License WEC7 C7NR

Hello,

I want to make an image that is covered by license C7NR as described in

Windows Embedded Compact License and Components

I have added small keyboard and help from catalog and additionally westtek pdfviewer.

I got attached report from license assessment tool.

two questions:

• is not only sysgen_msim, sysgen_softkb and sysgen_help but also sysgen_ie7_imgutil and sysgen_ie7_pngfilt (which were automatically added when I added help) included in this special Toradex license ?

• in report.html sysgen_pdfviewer is shown under license C7NR wherase pdfviewer in “Windows Embedded Compact 7 Components SKU Comparison” is not covered by C7NR. Can we rely on this report or have we to assume that license assessment tool is wrong here ?

Thank you !

Dear @Frax222
From what I can judge the C7NR license on a Toradex module is sufficient to cover your use case.
To be on the safe side, we are contacting Microsoft and ask for a confirmation. We will get back to you as soon as we get a result.
Regards, Andy

Dear @Frax222
We still didn’t get a response from Msft. It seems the responsible guy is out of office until 24th.
I’ll keep you updated.
Regards, Andy

Dear @Frax222

To your first question:

• is not only sysgen_msim, sysgen_softkb and sysgen_help but also sysgen_ie7_imgutil and sysgen_ie7_pngfilt (which were automatically added when I added help) included in this special Toradex license ?

After checking internally and with the MS distributor, the sysgen_ie7_imgutil and sysgen_ie7_pngfilt components are automatically included as dependencies for “Help”. While “Help” is not included in the default C7NR license, the inclusion of these dependencies is ok and covered by the additional License Toradex has with MS.

Best regards,
Andrin

hello,

so your statement on page

https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/windows-embedded-compact-license-and-components

is wrong ? Or what is meant by “Help” ??

Note: If you use Windows Embedded Compact 7 NR on a Toradex module you are also allowed to use the following two components: “SIP for Small Screens”, “Help”

Dear @Frax222

To your second question:

• in report.html sysgen_pdfviewer is shown under license C7NR wherase pdfviewer in “Windows Embedded Compact 7 Components SKU Comparison” is not covered by C7NR. Can we rely on this report or have we to assume that license assessment tool is wrong here ?

To know which components of this list are included in the NR license, you should check the Components SKU Comparison table (cf. https://docs.toradex.com/102566-windows-embedded-compact-7-components-sku-comparison.pdf; also on our developer website here: https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/windows-embedded-compact-license-and-components).

The PDF Reader is not covered by the NR license. You would need a C7G or C7P license for the pdf viewer.

The License tool is definitely wrong listing the pdf viewer under C7NR or C7E. We have reported this as a bug. According to the MS distributor, the License tool will only give “license suggestions”. Actual validity have only the Additional Licensing Provisions (ALP) from MS.

If you need the pdf reader, you should contact your local MS distributor to get a license extension.

I hope this information helps you.

Best regards, Andrin

Thanks for your indication. Let us check internally and then get back to you with a final answer regarding “Help”.

Best regards, Andrin