Large splash screen cannot be programmed with the UpdateTool

In issue number 49571 you say that large splash screen cannot be programmed with the UpdateTool.
Do you have a time scale to resolve this issue ?

As far as I understand the only way to get splash screen now is to go back to Easy Installer and to do production programming.

Thank you !

Dear @Frax222

The issue is already resolved. Please use the Update Tool which comes with Image V1.5 or any later version.

I just found that the roadmap was not refreshed and still shows a pending release V1.5. I arranged that the information will be updated.

Regards, Andy

Hello,
I have just downloaded Image imx6 1.5 and 1.4. The files UpdateTool_CE7.exe are identical in both releases.
Kind regards

Hello,

maybe I should have said it clearer: it still does not work. I get the message “Update Failed”.
Binary comparing update tools from BSP 1.4 and 1.5 does not show a difference.

Kind regards

Dear @Frax222
It seems that we missed to include the latest Update.exe into the V1.5 image.

I currently cannot access the regular build system, but I locally built a preliminary Update Tool based on the library which is able to flash larger splash screens. Please test whether this works for you:

We will take care that a properly generated version of the tool will be included into the image download package.

Regards, Andy

Hello Andy,

this now works - I can flash splash screen without error message - however it is not shown when booting - but maybe this is another thread …
Kind regards