Is it possible to change the gpio voltage on colibri imx6ull wb it?

Hi,

is it possible to change the GPIO / camera interface voltage on the Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB WB IT? I am considering a camera running on 2.8V and ofc it would be helpfull if the processor could work with that aswell.
According to the processor’s documentation it should be possible, but I didn’t find anything on the topic in the SoMs datasheet.

Thanks a lot!

HI @m.kl

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Community!

is it possible to change the GPIO / camera interface voltage on the Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB WB IT? I am considering a camera running on 2.8V

So you want to have an output Voltage of 2.8V instead of 3.3V?

According to the processor’s documentation it should be possible, but I didn’t find anything on the topic in the SoMs datasheet

Where did you get this Information. Could you share a lInk?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer!

I’d like the SoC to be able to run the parallel camera interface and I2C at 2.8V, so input and output for digital data at 2.8V.

I read on page 25 in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6ULLIEC.pdf that 2.8V is an option for the GPIO-Supply voltage, from which i interpreted that this was / could be an option.

Best regards,
M.kl

Hi @m.kl

For Colibri Standard most of the interfaces support 3.3V logic level and some interfaces 1.8V too. Thus 2.8V logic level is not supported. You would need a logic shifter on your custom carrier board to support 2.8V.

Best regards,
Jaski