iMX6ULL factory test mode (wi-fi continuous transmission fo FCC test)

I need to enable the wi-fi module in iMX6ULL to continuous transmission mode.
This transmission mode will be used in equipment to certification tests as in FCC.
Is there an application or test mode for that?
I already found an application of AzureWave for the AW-CM276NF-EVB, but there’s no option for SDIO communication with the wi-fi module (this is the case for iMX6ULL).

HI @Alexandre and Welcome to the Toradex Community!

Could you provide the version of the hardware (including carrier board) and software of your module?

I need to enable the wi-fi module in iMX6ULL to continuous transmission mode

What do you mean with that exactly? You can also try to send files from the SoM to PC over Wifi. Is this not enough for you?

I already found an application of AzureWave for the AW-CM276NF-EVB, but there’s no option for SDIO communication with the wi-fi module (this is the case for iMX6ULL).

Where and what exactly did you find?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi, @jaski.tx.

Thanks in advance.

1. About the hardware: Col. iMX6ULL 512MB WB (V1.1 A);

2. The continuous transmission mode is commonly used for certification tests in this type of devices. It facilitates measuring some parameters about the signal. The transmission of files or the use of the iperf tool is being considered as a plan B, but it’s not the ideal scenario;

3. The application I mentioned you can see in this document: https://fccid.io/UAY-W8997-M1216/User-Manual/User-Manual-rev-2-pdf-3269987
    In the application, you can choose between serial or ethernet interfaces. For the specific case in the iMX6ULL, the interface between the processor and the wi-fi module is SDIO.

Best regards,
Alexandre

Hi @Alexandre

Thanks for you Answer.

The continuous transmission mode is commonly used for certification tests in this type of devices. It facilitates measuring some parameters about the signal. The transmission of files or the use of the iperf tool is being considered as a plan B, but it’s not the ideal scenario;

The best would be to use the TestMode Software from Azurewave. You need to contact Azurewave or NXP directly to get the testmode Software. We cannot provide this to you.

The application I mentioned you can see in this document: https://fccid.io/UAY-W8997-M1216/User-Manual/User-Manual-rev-2-pdf-3269987 In the application, you can choose between serial or ethernet interfaces. For the specific case in the iMX6ULL, the interface between the processor and the wi-fi module is SDIO.

Thanks for the information. As I said above, I would recommend you to use the TestMode software.

Best regards,
Jaski