iMX6 WEC workspace doesn't build

I downloaded the workspace and BSP from iMX6 WEC Software | Toradex Developer Center (for CE8)

and I found that it doesn’t build even after using the correct pbxml ( file that was sent to me https://share.toradex.com/l6uw477htoamp75). I believe there is some problem in your BSP. The build fails giving the following error:

Could you please send me the working workspace and BSP for Colobri iMX6?

------ Build started: Project: IMX6_Core2013, Configuration: Toradex COLIBRI VYBRID ARMV7 Debug Platform Builder (_TGTCPU) ------
Starting Build: blddemo -q

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x Full installed.
Wince ARMV7 CEBASE COLIBRIVYBRIDBIN Development Environment for arihos
“C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe” /d /c “blddemo -q”
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: Saving last failed log as “C:\WINCE800\build.lkb.log”.
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: Starting: BldDemo1.bat -q
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: Logs at “C:\WINCE800\build.*”.
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: BldDemo started at 11:22:27.29 on Thu 06/09/2016
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: Generating OS Design Folders
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: Done Generating OS Design Folders
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: Generating OS Design Files to C:\Users\arihos\Desktop\IMX6_Core2013\Wince800\COLIBRIVYBRIDBIN_ARMV7_Debug\oak
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: Done Generating OS Design Files
CEBUILD: BUILDMSG: Skipping directly to SYSGEN phase
CEBUILD: BUILDMSG: Building dep trees: winceos dcom wgi html netcf servers cellcore ossvcs shell directx ostest CEBASE
CEBUILD: BUILDMSG: Running sysgen preproc (for COMMON)
coredllhs.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetCOMPortHandle {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(547)”}
‘C:\Users\arihos\Desktop\IMX6_Core2013\Wince800\COLIBRIVYBRIDBIN_ARMV7_Debug\cesysgen\sdk\lib\ARMV7\debug\coredllhs.lib’ : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(548)”}
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ‘C:\WINCE800\sdk\bin\i386\ARM\link.exe’ : return code ‘0x460’ {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(549)”}
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ‘C:\WINCE800\public\common\oak\Bin\i386\nmake.exe’ : return code ‘0x2’ {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(551)”}
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ‘C:\WINCE800\public\common\oak\Bin\i386\nmake.exe’ : return code ‘0x2’ {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(553)”}
CEBUILD: BUILDMSG: There were errors building. Check C:\WINCE800\build.err
BLDDEMO: ERROR: There were errors building CEBASE. {log=“C:\WINCE800\build.log(558)”}
BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: BldDemo ended at 11:22:33.95 on Thu 06/09/2016 (exit code 1)
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: Exiting: BldDemo1.bat -q (result code 1).
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE800\build.log
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE800\build.out
BLDLOGS: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE800\build.err
IMX6_Core2013 - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

The error is

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetCOMPortHandle

Hi,

This is kind of urgent for us. We are stuck without this solution. Please send us a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Hi,

i just tried and I am able to build it. Did you set Configuration to IMX6BIN Release? And target to “Platfom builder” ?
Also I see you have your OSDesign and platform somewhere on desktop? You should install them to where WINCE is installed.
Did you somehow mix IMX6 and Vybrid Workspaces? Because I see some COLIBRI VYBRID names inside there.

Ok, I reinstalled the Platform Builder and it builds correctly now. I just added the .Net Framework to the workspace. But now, I don’t see any *.nbx file generated. I found NK.bin of size 84,616 Kb which is four times the size of nk8.nbx.

So, should I rename the file to nk8.nbx?
Can I use UpdateTool_ce8.exe to load the new image? (could you please try that as the image size is four times larger now)

nk.bin is uncompressed image. You can use this with update tool.