iMX6 v1.2b6 Video playback AVI and MP4 still not supported

So I was trying to get video playback to work on our iMX6 module running v1.2b6 since I read that the playback issue should have been fixed.
The release notes state:

Description: Some of the video playback features are currently not working in released images. Sample code on developer website: Video Playback (WinCE) | Toradex Developer Center does not work on i.MX6.
Workaround: Release 1.2b4 will support playback of avi and wmv files.

However I am still not able to play these files, only wmv is working at this time.
Any idea when the other formats will be supported?

Kind Regards

AVI support depends on the encoder you use, since AVI is a container format. Currently we suggest to convert your videos to WMV and to the resolution you plan to use for playback, to reduce the CPU load during playback.
Is this kind of conversion not doable in your current scenario?

Thanks for the response.
No this is not an issue, I was just wondering why it stated that avi playback was supported, but did not work for me.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Yes, AVI support may be a bit too generic, since you can have many different encoders, we tested with Microsoft one, sorry for that.

No problem, thank you for clarifying this.

AVI support depends on the encoder you use, since AVI is a container format. Currently we suggest to convert your videos to WMV and to the resolution you plan to use for playback, to reduce the CPU load during playback.

No problem. I moved my first comment to answer to make it easier to find for people looking for the same issue.