I have a Colibri iMX.7 on an Iris eval board. My host computer is an up-to-date Ubuntu Linux laptop. I am trying to follow the flashing procedure at:
- Created bootable USB flash drive. Inserted and attempted to boot. Did not recognize.
- Created bootable SD card. Inserted and attempted to boot. Did not recognize.
- Followed procedure on the above page for “Flashing from scratch”. Steps 1 through 3 successful. Step 4 says, “On the target…” – unsure what that means since by definition if I am going from scratch, I don’t have access to the target.
- Connected Toradex-supplied USB to serial adapter. Verified
/dev/ttyUSB0present, 115200 baud. Attempted to reboot. No visible output.
- Connected a 3rd party USB to serial adapter (AdaFruit part). Saw garbage characters during bootup.
- Meanwhile, the target system no longer boots – successfully. When connected to a display, the stack trace shows an error in
- Still unable to boot from SD card or USB flash drive. When SD card or USB flash installed, the boot kernel panic error message is slightly different, saying something about
VFS: Unable to mount root fs unknown-block(0,0).
Thanks and kind regards,