Howto replace U-boot (kernel / rootfs) on colibri IMX6 using tezi

Starting with the ‘colibri-imx6_lxde-image-tezi_2.7-20180104.tar’, I’m able to flash my colibri V1.0A using the Toradex Easy Installer (colibri-imx6_toradexeasyinstaller_1.4-20180403). So far so good.

Next I started to build a U-Boot from sources, following the steps outlined in “Build U-Boot and Linux Kernel from Source Code”. After the succesfull build of the u-boot, I copied the SPL and u-boot.img from my build directory into the Tezi image directory, and also adjusted the image.json (u-boot.img instead of u-boot.imx) file.

Next I placed the contents of the Tezi image directory on an USB stick. The Colibri module has the tezi application up and running (no network cable attached), and the USB stick is detected. Next I flash the images from the USB stick to my module, everthing seems to be working fine.

Next step is to restart the module (or power cycle), the u-boot is started but somehow fails to load the linux kernel as it seems to be looking for a zImage (There’s only a uImage present).

What is going wrong, I must have missed something?

Below is the output at the serial port: link text

Kind Regards,

Alberto

What you are seeing is basically the reverse of the following but the same fix applies.

Hi Alberto

Wiith th new version of Toradex easy installer(1.4 ) and the bsp 2.8b2, we switched to zImage instead of uImage as stated here. So you just need to copy the zImage in the Tezi Image also.

Best regards, Jaski

Hello Jaski,

Retried the whole procedure with V2.8b2, and everything is working as expected.

I’m able to build the u-boot, kernel and dtb from the sources, and flash them to the board using Toradex Easy Installer.

Kind Regards,

Alberto

You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards