How to write image

I am trying to install a “Toradex Embedded Linux Long Term Supported(LTS) Releases” from here.
According to this instructions there shall be an “update.sh” in the extracted folder, but only a “prepare.sh” (it does not wake the same), how may I proceed and prepare my SD?

Hi @hsvz,

There are two ways of Flashing an Colibri iMX7 module:

• Using Toradex Easy Installer (which is the image you’ve downloaded - see tezi in the end of its filename).
  • Or using the Legacy Flashing, which involves the bash script update.sh you mentioned.

I strongly suggest you to use Toradex Easy Installer, both for its easy of use and because of the kind of image you already downloaded. So, in your case, please follow the steps described here:

1. Toradex Easy Installer webpage -
    Downloads & Installers | Toradex Developer Center, probably were you got the link for your Colibri iMX7 LTS, which is https://docs.toradex.com/107508-colibri-imx7_console-image-tezi.tar.
  2. Please have a look at the Getting Started - Downloads & Installers | Toradex Developer Center
  3. And finally, how to load the Toradex Easy Installer - Downloads & Installers | Toradex Developer Center

Please let me know if that helped.

Best regards,
André Curvello

HI @hsvz

did you solve this issue ?
i am facing the same issue, can not find update.sh
only prepare.sh script is there.

Greetings @rama.aloufee!

The instructions given by @andrecurvello.tx should work for the Colibri iMX7S and iMX7D 512MB, all of are NAND-based. If you’re using a Colibri iMX7D 1GB which uses eMMC Flash, the only supported flashing method is the Toradex Easy Installer.