I don’t fully understand your setup, so let’s focus on this first:
- Please start with Visual Studio closed, Apalis powered off
- What exactly is your network hardware setup (cables, routers, …)
Keep this setup constant, so don’t unplug/replug any cables!
- Windows PC: Did you modify anything in the network configuration (e.g. fixed IP, …)? If yes, please describe your exact configuration.
- Apalis iMX6: Did you modify anything in the network configuration (e.g. fixed IP, …)? If yes, please describe your exact configuration
Finally with your constant setup, please do the following to test the basic network connection:
- On the Apalis: Boot the system, double-click on the network icon to see the IP address. (Or start the debug client, which will show you the same).
As an example, let’s assume the IP address is 192.168.66.77.
- On your PC, start the Windows PowerShell (START button → type powershell) → press ENTER
Execute the following command (of course you need to adjust the IP address)
You should receive an output similar to the following:
PS C:\Temp> Test-NetConnection 10.0.1.28
ComputerName : 10.0.1.28
RemoteAddress : 10.0.1.28
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet
SourceAddress : 10.0.1.50
PingSucceeded : True
PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 0 ms
Please send me the output of your test.