How to get mfw_v4lsrc element in gstreamer-1.0?

Hi everybody,

I have to update my gstreamer0.10 to gstreamer-1.0 to use avenc_pgm that enables to record pgm files with bpp=16 from my camera.

With gstreamer-0.10 I use mfw_v4lsrc and it works fine. Unfortunately, mfw_v4lsrc element is not present in gstreamer-1.0 and I can’t find it. Is it available in gstreamer-1.0 ?

Hi
Have you tried to list the available ones with gst-inspect?

e.g.
gst-inspect-1.0 | grep src

Note that Freescale/NXP recently changed the name of the source in gstreamer 0.10 from mfw_v4lsrc to imxv4l2src.

Thanks, I have not noticed that mfw__v4lsrc was renamed in gstreamer-1.0. It is not present in the installed elements and not available in the package (with opkg list). I think I’ll have to compile it myself. Could you lead me for that ?

Could you share the output of gst-inspect-1.0 | grep src?

This is the output I obtain :

root@apalis-imx6:~# gst-inspect-1.0 | grep src multifile:  splitfilesrc: Split-File Source multifile:  multifilesrc: Multi-File Source coreelements:  fakesrc: Fake Source coreelements:  fdsrc: Filedescriptor Source coreelements:  filesrc: File Source

Any idea ?

You’re missing Freescale/NXP specific gstreamer plugins in your image.

You likely have to add the following two packages to your IMAGE_INSTALL variable in your OE build:
gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx gst1.0-fsl-plugin

Thanks for the reply. But I don’t use Yocto/OE to build the image. That the reason why I’m trying to compile it manually

Well, then I guess you have to look into the recipes and build and deploy whatever they do manually.

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/tree/master/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer

Well, I think to move to yocto project is the better way. I hope that gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx gst1.0-fsl-plugin are compatible with 2.4 BSP ?

IIRC the dizzy branches used in V2.4 did contain first gstreamer 1.0 recipes, also i.MX 6 specific ones.

However I would recommend to move to V2.5.

Ok. Do you recommand to use the meta-fsl-arm-extra or meta-toradex ? Also, It is prefered to use fsl-bsp-community, toradex oe-core or directly yocto poky project ?

I guess this merits its own question. I created one here .

I’m having a similar problem.

I would like to use the ADV7180 with gstreamer1.0 based on Toradex BSP V2.4 (kernel 3.10.17).
In the gstreamer-0.10:

root@colibri-imx6:~# gst-launch tvsrc ! mfw_v4lsink

Which src I will need to use in the gstreamer1.0? (?

I tried imxv4l2src but seems the vpu did not work, the CPU consumption is high.