How to build the right container for the Acontis Ethercat Demo in Torizon for imx8m Plus

We are using a Verdin imx8m Plus board with a Verdin dev eval board v1.1. We want to use the Acontis Ethercat demo code to do some tests, but it seems the container is only available for the imx8-mini. Is it possible to get the dockerfile to build the imx8m-plus version?

Thanks,
Steve

Greetings @Evets,

Could you clarify what “Acontis Ethercat” demo container you are referring to here? We have an Acontis Ethercat demo image: acontis EC-Master EtherCAT Stack | Toradex Developer Center

But this is not a Docker container. Unless you are referencing something else.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx ,
OK, well, I thought it was a docker image, from what my co-worker told me, but yes that does make sense. However, it is only available for the Verdin mini, not for the Verdin plus, which is what we have. Do you have a version for the Verdin plus, or a way for us to build it? This is only for our testing/evaluation purposes of the Acontis Ethercat code.

Thanks!
Steve

The demo there was made by our partner Acontis, let me ask internally and see if there’s anything we can provide regarding this.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx ,
Thanks!

I consulted with my team internally and the suggestion was to try and put you in contact with our partner Acontis. I’ve informed our sales team about this and they will reach out regarding this soon.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

We have already contacted them, and they said that the demo should run with the Torizon build. The other images are just speed improvements.

Thanks!
Steve