How to adjust brightness when using Capacitive Touch Display with Linux and Colibri iMX6?

Hello,

I’m currently using the Capacitive Touch Display 7" Parallel with an Aster carrier board and Colibri iMX6 module.

Everything is working fine but the display brightness is too dark. This is a new setup and I just recently installed Linux v2.7b4 using the Easy Installer. I haven’t made any changes yet.

I also have an older capacitive display connected to a Colibri Evaluation Board and the brightness is perfect.

I know it should be possible because I was able to move the iMX6 module from the older setup to the new display and the brightness looks much better.

Does anyone know of a command I can use to increase the brightness? TIA.

Edit: I tried using a different display and cables to see if there was a difference and it was just as dark as the original display.

Scott

You may want to have a look at the following article on our developer website discussing the display backlight functionality.

Thank you!

You are very welcome.

Marcel,

Just an FYI, I was reading through the “Getting Started” module on the Toradex site and I think it was trying to link to the page you just linked to, but it had a broken link. If you go here and look at the FAQ “Can I control backlight brightness using GPIO”, you should see a broken link to the Backlight article you just mentioned. I’m not sure who to point this out to, but since I saw you linking to the article I thought I’d mention it here.

hi @dshaffer

Thanks for reporting the broken link. We will correct it.