I’m using the display ER-TFT070A2-4 with a custom board based on Aster V1.1B and Linux LXDE Image 2.8. This display works fine after configuring the vidargs U-boot variable with parameter below:
setenv vidargs 'video=mxsfb:800x480M-16@60,pixclockpol=1'
My goal is for the display to work right after installation without the need to set the vidargs variable manually. How can I achieve that?
System and Hardware:
- Angstrom v2017.12 - Kernel
- Colibri-iMX6ULL_LXDE-Image 2.8b7. 20200610
- Linux colibri-imx6ull 4.9.220-2.8.7+g57229263ff65 #1 SMP Wed Jun 10 17:07:44 UTC 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
- Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB IT V1.1A
- Custom board based on Aster V1.1B
- Display ER-TFT070A2-4 with Capacitive Touch Panel (IC FT5316)
Can you please check if you have a file called
u-boot-initial-env in your image file?
There you can configure the u-boot variables and they will be automatically installed with your image. Are you using Yocto to create your image?
Doesn’t have this
u-boot-initial-env file. I do not using Yocto. I just downloaded this image colibri-imx6ull_lxde-image-tezi_2.8b7.-20200610.tar from Toradex Embedded Linux Long Term Supported(LTS) Releases.
Thanks for your help!
Hi @CharlesDias ,
Are you still facing this issue?
In the case of BSP 2.8, you should make your changes on the file called
uEnv.txt, can you please try modifying
vidargs into this file and then flashing the image again?
Hi @daniel_m.tx .
uEnv.txt file and flashing the image solved the problem!
Thanks so much for your help!