I have a colibri imx6dl computer on module with linux os and iris carriar board. We are developed a node.js application on colibri imx6 module. Our application working successfuly. Next step we will passing mass production .
what is the best way for mass production ? in my opinion ;
I create current system image and restore another colibri imx6 module
but I dont know how can do this ?
thank you so much …
We recommend building the production image using the OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project framework.
This approach has a number of advantages over simply cloning the flash from one module to another. It is much more suitable for long-term maintenance, reproducibility and customization. Using this approach requires that you define the image - its packages, configuration, etc - in a recipe file. An image recipe is far simpler to maintain than a living image and is much more flexible when updating/upgrading the BSP and software packages used by the image. The image is built into a easily deployable format which can be loaded onto an SD card, USB stick or a local network location for high volume production programming.
For further reference regarding the use of our OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project build system, see our webinars on the topic:
More information is available regarding production programming of Linux image at our developer website.
Thanx for your reply in my opinion in the future we will be implement yokto project but not today because ı havent got a much time. so I just want to clonning my customized device to other device with all set up files for ex :
custom directories …
Also agree with the use of a BuildSystem tool.
Would like this:
- Customize your image with Yocto Project
- Create a layer for your company/product (e.g: meta-you_company)
- Customize the particulars for your product Kernel, image build, recipes Node.js among other things
- For your Node.js solution, use on a local or remote repository with Git and add a revenue Yocto
- Centralize all in one server, and use Google Repo to synchronize “all” of the team.
- Very important in your layer, create branchs to “sync||standardize” along with Yocto Project and other layers.
With use of the Yocto project, you will have full control over all packages, versions, licenses and especially customizations.
Blog | B2Open