HAB-Fuses i.MX7D and Easy Install

Greetings @frehberg,

I have some experience with HAB on our hardware so let me add some of my thoughts.

Toradex ourselves don’t have any specific HAB documentation for our hardware. In general the NXP provided documentation does do a good enough job of describing the process. The NXP application note found here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf describes how to use MfgTools in a HAB environment (Appendix F).

It should be noted that I haven’t done this nor do I think anyone else in Toradex has, as HAB is not something we have a whole lot of experience with.

As Stefan has said above the preferred method to flash Toradex modules is our Easy Installer tool. In theory our easy installer tool can be used also on a module that has been HAB signed. Our easy installer tool uses a variant of imx_usb_loader which has support that should allow for similar functionality as MfgTools with HAB.

Relevant Commit: Use the DCD_WRITE SDP command · toradex/imx_loader@6deb910 · GitHub

Unfortunately this is also something I’m not aware that anyone has tried before.

I hope I was able to provide a little more information regarding flashing of a HAB signed device.

Best Regards,
Jeremias