Gstreamer no element warning

Hi all,

I have tried to get a stream via gstreamer. I used following two pipelines to obtain a result.

First,

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.170.0.168/stream1 ! queue ! rtph264depay ! vpudec ! autovideosink

I encounter with the following error(Warning), no element “vpudec”

Second,

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location= rtsp://192.170.0.168/stream1 name=r latency=0 ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! fpsdisplaysink name=fpssink text-overlay=false video-sink=xvimagesink signal-fps-measurements=true

I have the following error(Warning), no element “rtspsrc”.

After I checked the internet, I could not find any helpful link or a solution for vpudec. As I see rtspsrc element is the element of gst-plugins good, but I could not get this element.

Can you provide a solution for vpudec element or any command(like opkg install gst-1.0-plugins …) to get rtspsrc for gstreamer-1.0 ?

Thanks for help,
Kemal.

What exact hardware and software versions of things are you talking about?

As far as I know vpudec is an i.MX 6 SoC specific plug-in and therefore of course not applicable/available on Apalis TK1 which brings me back to the question where exactly you copy-pasted your pipelines from?

For the Apalis TK1 the preferred way to look for any such would be NVIDIA’s multimedia user guide as found here.

Hi @marcel.tx

I have apalis tk1(using Ixora V1.0A carrier board) with the image of Apalis-TK1_LXDE-Image_2.7b3-20170630. I simply checked the link provided below for gstreamer-0.10. For gstreamer-1.0, I obtained the pipeline from the internet.

link

And I went through the NVIDIA’s multimedia user guide, but I see there exist some differences like tools customized for nvidia(omx, nv etc…). Furthermore, I believe that I am not able to install same number of plugins(For example: 48 plugins for my Apalis, 70 plugins for nvidia jetson). How can I add the missing plugins or these plugins like rtspsrc for gstreamer-1.0 are not available?

Currently our Angstrom/OpenEmbedded/Yocto BSPs are not compatible with Gstreamer 0.10. While we are resolving this (see ticket) you may also install the exact same JetPack stuff on Apalis TK1 as on Jetson TK1 as outlined in the following article on our developer website.