GPIO6 on Apalis TK1 hooked to 2 outputs

Hi
We use GPIO6 as an output ( Address 238) .
in Apalis spec you specify that GPIO6 is connected to 2 outputs and suggest to disable (put to High Z) the not used output ( OWR) .
Please describe how to do it ?
Thanks
Oded

Assuming you are talking about downstream this may be done by simply tri-stating the other pin e.g. as can be seen here.

The exact same thing may be found in mainline e.g. here.

Thanks Marcel,

Are the below values default values ?
Does a change means recompiling the Kernel ?
The issue with this GPIO 6 ( Address 238) that @ power up for some time the
voltage measured is ~2V ( not 0V , not 3.3V) and I wonder why …
Any idea ?

sdmmc3_clk_lb_in_pee5 { /* D6 GPIO */
				nvidia,pins = "sdmmc3_clk_lb_in_pee5";
				nvidia,function = "rsvd2";
				nvidia,pull = <TEGRA_PIN_PULL_NONE>;
				nvidia,tristate = <TEGRA_PIN_DISABLE>;
				nvidia,enable-input = <TEGRA_PIN_ENABLE>;

Are the below values default values ?

My understanding was that you are talking about Apalis GPIO6. However, sdmmc3_clk_lb_in_pee5 is the Apalis MMC1 D6 pin which due to only 4-bit slots being available may also be used as a GPIO. It really has nothing to do with Apalis GPIO6 at all. What you rather may be looking for is pex_l1_clkreq_n_pdd6 resp. owr the later being tri-stated by default.

Does a change means recompiling the Kernel ?

No, usually that may be changed in the device tree so simply re-compiling the device tree is sufficient.

The issue with this GPIO 6 ( Address 238) that @ power up for some time the voltage measured is ~2V ( not 0V , not 3.3V) and I wonder why … Any idea ?

The exact amount in “for some time” may be interesting as it could be either chip default, boot ROM default, U-Boot default and last but not least Linux kernel default. Unfortunately, the first two are outside any of our control but the later two may be customised.

Thanks Marcel,

1. Yes , I meant Apalis GPIO6
  2. How can I set it to be “0” ( 0V) @ power up (U-Boot or Linux kernel default)
  3. If I set it to output only will it help ?

Please advise
Thanks
oded

Thanks marcel,

You are very welcome.

1. Yes , I meant Apalis GPIO6

OK.

1. How can I set it to be “0” ( 0V) @ power up (U-Boot or Linux kernel default)

U-Boot: Add GPIO_INIT(DD, 6, OUT0), here.

Linux kernel: Move the following line to below gpio-output-low here.

1. If I set it to output only will it help ?

There is no such thing as output only. An output always needs to be either zero or one. Only inputs may be floating aka undefined.