GPIO Input Interrupt for VF61 using c# on Wince 2013

Is is possible to raise interrupts in C# for VF61 with Iris Board ? If so any example ?

Dear @sriraminfotecchn

There is no support in the .NET CF neither for setting up interrupts nor to react on them.
Therefore you need to either

1. Do all the work including processing of the GPIO interrupt in a native C/C++ application
  2. PInvoke all required functions, so you can call them from C#

You can find a native code example as part of our Toradex CE libraries: Look at the Int_Demo. I’m afraid we don’t have an example which shows how to do all the conversion to C#.

Regards, Andy

Hi,

searching on , I came across this : How to use Interrupt library .
It has a sub heading DEMO APPLICATION IN C SHARP.

But under applicable for : it shows Wince 7,6,5 and not 8. So any issues with WINCE 8 ?

Following is the note in one section which is a bit confusing :

Note: With Toradex New library version ToradexCeLibraries_V1_6_3123, VC sharp functions for interrupt library are not imported, so only for this demo we have updated TdxAllLibraries.cs to include class Int which will have all function imported for interrupt library from TdxAllLibraries.dll._

Note: It is always recommended to update the libraries first before compiling the demo project. Click on this link to get latest libraries.

Dear @sriraminfotecchn

To develop applications for WEC2013 you need to use VS2012 or VS2015. The VS2008 project files provided in the article will not work without adaptation.

Can you explain what was confusing about the notes? What did you try to do, and where did you struggle to get on?

Regards, Andy

Pasting the note below.

Note: With Toradex New library version ToradexCeLibraries_V1_6_3123, VC sharp functions for interrupt library are not imported, so only for this demo we have updated TdxAllLibraries.cs to include class Int which will have all function imported for interrupt library from TdxAllLibraries.dll._

Note: It is always recommended to update the libraries first before compiling the demo project. Click on this link to get latest libraries.

And you said earlier, there is no support for interrupts in .NET CF. Now the note above says, interrupt library not imported in new library. But only updated for this demo. Question is. So how robust is this solution. Does it also mean that this will work with WEC 2013 ?

Dear @sriraminfotecchn

About Notes:

I said earlier

… 2. PInvoke all required functions, so you can call them from C#

This is exactly what has been done for the demo, and what the note is referring to.

About WEC2013

I said earlier

To develop applications for WEC2013 you need to use VS2012 or VS2015. The VS2008 project files provided in the article will not work without adaptation.

Therefore no, the demo does not run like this under WEC2013.

Please note it is a demo targeted for software engineers. The purpose of this article was to show the basic usage of interrupts. To keep the code simple, error checking was omitted. It is far from a robust implementation as it should be written for an end-user product.

Regards, Andy