Full Backup / Restore WEC2013

I am trying to do a full backup / restore for my vf61 module with WEC2013 BSP 1.5
Since I cannot find the command line options any more to do a full backup, I tried to backup registry, configblock, filesystem. This worked in principle, but after the restore I am missing partition1 and partition2.

How can I do a full backup, or make sure all my 3 partitions are backuped/restored?

Dear @zbch

We had to change the concept of the update tool. Part of this was to remove the full-backup option and replace it by a group of partial backups.

I don’t fully understand how you tried to do the backup:

• Does your system have 3 filesystem partitions, or are the 3 partitions registry, configblock and filesystem?
  • In the latter case, you need to create an individual file for each of the 3 partitions. Do the files have different sizes? Was there an error message when restoring any of these files?

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy

I have a system with 3 filesystem partition.

Regards, Chris

Dear @zbch

So it seems to be a bug that only one filesystem partition is restored. We need some time to do a more detailed analysis.
Do you have a schedule until when you need this fixed?

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy

Well, it’s not blocking, since I can always add the other partitions manually.
But it slows down my work, so end of this week would be nice.

Regards Chris

Dear @zbch

We discussed the options internally with the following outcome:

• On later modules after VFxx the Flashdisk is implemented using eMMC devices. On these devices, the standard Windows APIs (including storage manager) don’t support to create multiple partitions.
  • Implementing a solution for VFxx to backup / restore multiple file system partitions is not just straight forward, but requires quite some engineering
  • There are very few requests for this feature.
  • There are workarounds available

For all these reasons we decided to reject the feature request of generally supporting backup / restore of multiple file system partitions.

I’m afraid I don’t have more positive news for you. It means that implementing the backup / restore will require work on your side. Please get back to us if you need help about how to achieve this. Then it would be helpful to understand the exact process you are trying to implement, in order to find the easiest solution.
You might also rethink the basic approach of having multiple partitions. I don’t know your application, maybe you could simply use different folders in one partition instead.

Regards, Andy