Failed to build nodejs-native when adding Chromium to Yocto

Module: Colibri iMX8X
Host computer: Ubuntu 16.04

I followed this tutorial to build the image: Build a Reference Image with Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded | Toradex Developer Center. The building finished well.

I then followed this tutorial to add Chromium to Yocto: How to Use Web Browser (Linux) | Toradex Developer Center

It failed when building nodejs-native, I have attached the error log file. I wonder what the problem could be? Thanks.

log.do_compile.31872 (354.7 KB)

Hi @kevinlinux , which version are you building? It is determined by repo init -u git://git.toradex.com/toradex-manifest.git -b kirkstone-6.x.y -m tdxref/default.xml. For example, kirkstone-6.x.y is for Linux BSP v6. Do you just build the package nodejs-native alone or the reference multimedia image?

Hi Benjamin, thanks for your reply.

I followed the two documents exactly, so as of today, it’s (copied from the document):

repo init -u git://git.toradex.com/toradex-manifest.git -b kirkstone-6.x.y -m tdxref/default.xml

It failed at “nodejs-native” when building the reference multimedia image, of course, it also failed when I tried to built the “nodejs-native” alone.

Hi @kevinlinux , I can build nodejs-native without problem. But I do meet error when building image with chromium added. And it is OpenGL related for chroumium. I will have to have a close look at it.
Beside Chromium, do you build the image with another browser Cog? It is a light weight one.

Hi @benjamin.tx , thanks for looking into this.

I built the image with the Cog browser successfully, and it seems that it’s pretty good and works well for us. I think we will go with the Cog browser at the moment.