Enabling USB Client feature in Torizon

Hi @jeremias.tx,

I have made some good progress with this. If I set the USB class of the RNDIS gadget to 0xEF, the subclass to 4 and the protocol to 1 then Windows recognizes that as an RNDIS device and loads the correct driver without needing an INF file. These are the same class and subclass values that we used years ago to get RNDIS working between Windows CE and Windows 10 in this discussion:
RNDIS on Windows 10 to connect to CE7 running on T20 - Technical Support - Toradex Community

If I then set a static IP address of 192.168.11.1 on the Colibri and a static address of 192.168.11.2 on the PC, and set the subnet to 255.255.255.0 on both, then I can connect from the PC to the Colibri via USB using a command like ssh torizon@192.168.11.1

This is really close to what I need (We can set aside the persistence part of it for now). The last part is getting Linux and Windows to negotiate IP addresses for each other instead of having me assign them statically, as using a static address like this in Windows won’t work when I deploy this to my end users. The article you linked to talks about enabling DHCP on Linux to solve this, but I don’t where where to start to try to do that with Torizon.

Mike