Enable NFS server in Colibri iMX7

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to enable NFS server in tdx-reference-minimal-image. I modified build/conf/local.conf file by adding EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += “nfs-server” following the indications in 11 Features — The Yocto Project ® 4.1.999 documentation and bitbaked the image without error.

However, the server fails to start. The output of running systemctl status nfs-server in the Colibri is:

● nfs-server.service - NFS server and services
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Sep 20 10:44:00 colibri-imx7-06879258 systemd[1]: Dependency failed for NFS server and services.
Sep 20 10:44:00 colibri-imx7-06879258 systemd[1]: nfs-server.service: Job nfs-server.service/start failed with result ‘dependency’.

What am I missing to make the NFS server work?

Thanks in advance.

V

Hi @vic ,

Welcome to the Toradex community. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you state what version of HW and SW you are using?

Best Regards
Kevin

HW: Colibri iMX7 Dual 512MB
SW: I built the image using openEmbedded (5.4.129-5.4.0-devel+git.022cb949c6ec)

By the way, I noticed that NFS filesystem support in the kernel must be enabled to make the server work. This may be done by using bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig . Search in the config interface for nfsd by using /nfsd (in the vim fashion) to enable NFS server support. Save the .config file and, then, run bitbake -k tdx-reference-minimal-image to get the updates included in the image.

The server seems to work now.

Hi @vic,

thanks for sending the information.

So the issue is solved now, did I get this right?

Best Regards
Kevin

Yes, it is solved