Dual display on same dsi0 interface and switchable at run time using gpio line imx8m

Hi ,

I am working on imx8m processor. I want to run dual display on same DSI0 interface, One display is LVDS and other is HDMI. Displays runs on gpio line enable (work LVDS display) or disable (HDMI display) base.

Please help me on same.

Thanks,
Saurav

Hi Saurav,

Welcome to Toradex community.

I understand you are talking about Colibri iMX8 module. The i.MX 8X features one display controller. This display controller has two outputs, which allow driving two independent displays. Each output of the display controller is connected to a MIPIDSI/LVDS PHY. One of the outputs of the display controller is additionally routed to the parallel
display interface.
So for dual display it should be possible to connect two single channel LVDS display.

Let me know if this answer your query. If not kindly provide more details.

Thanks & Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for your quick response.
I need to run Dual display on same mipi_dsi.
mipi_dsi → mipi_switch → adv7535 (HDMI display)
|-> LVDS display
one GPIO line control mipi_switch data line.

We want to change display output run time (no reboot) to enable(LVDS display) or disable(HDMI display) gpio which connect with mipi_switch.

Please help me on same.

Thanks,
Saurav

Hi Saurav,

Theoretically it should be possible to use some MIPI switch like TS5MP645. But since we do not have any hardware for such arrangement and neither we have tested such configuration it would be difficult to comment on the efforts required to test same.

If you have already selected any switch or have hardware for testing we may provide support for specific queries while testing.

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar