Do_populate_sdk failure

ERROR: meta-toolchain-qt5-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: Unable to install packages. Command '/home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/opkg --volatile-cache -f /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/opkg.conf -t /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/temp/ipktemp/ -o /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/sdk/image/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi  --force_postinstall --prefer-arch-to-version   install packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target packagegroup-core-standalone-sdk-target' returned 1:
Collected errors:
 * Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
 * Problem 1/1:
 *   - nothing provides qtserialbus-mkspecs needed by packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target-1.0-r0.all
 * Solution 1:
 *   - do not ask to install a package providing packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target

* opkg_finalize_intercepts: Failed to open dir /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/temp/ipktemp//opkg-AayCpq/opkg-intercept-6kWW81: No such file or directory.
 * rm_r: Failed to open dir /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/temp/ipktemp//opkg-AayCpq/opkg-intercept-6kWW81: No such file or directory.
 * rm_r: Failed to open dir /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/temp/ipktemp//opkg-AayCpq: No such file or directory.

ERROR: meta-toolchain-qt5-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: Function failed: do_populate_sdk
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/meta-toolchain-qt5/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.2473
ERROR: Task (/home/shiva/oe-core/build/../layers/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/meta/meta-toolchain-qt5.bb:do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5214 tasks of which 5213 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/shiva/oe-core/build/../layers/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/meta/meta-toolchain-qt5.bb:do_populate_sdk
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

i want to run qt widget applications in console-tdx-image for that i want to build
step 1: bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qt5

once i got tool chain i will build image

step2: bitbake -k console-tdx-image

finally i will compile my qt applications with generated sdk.
and i will flash generated console image.

is above process is correct ??

please help me how to fix above error ?

hi siva

You should build first the image. Once this is done, you can do the step populate_sdk to get the Tools chain.

finally i will compile my qt applications with generated sdk. and i will flash generated console image.

This is correct.

please help me how to fix above error ?
first build the image.

i already built console-tdx-image and image was fine.

bitbake console-tdx-image -c populate_sdk

sdk was generated but not for qt5.
no qmake was generated.

i have read the toradex web pages, for qt5

inherit populate_sdk populate_sdk_qt5

has to added in image recipe.

can you please tell me how and where to add

inherit populate_sdk populate_sdk_qt5

in image receipe ??

and how to get proper qt tool chain for qt5 (for qwidget applications) with console-tdx-image.

As described here, you need to add the Qt5 Layer to “build/conf/bblayers.conf”, if you are using Bsp 2.7.

already qt5 layer is added,
iam using bsp 2.8.2
this is my bblayers.conf
link text

then all is well. You just have to start the compilation with bitbake -k angstrom-qt5-x11-image.

jaski,
No,i dont want angstrom-qt5-x11-image.
i want only console-tdx-image with qt5 support tool chain.

ok, then launch bitbake console-tdx-image -c populate_sdk. So where is the issue?

below is the error log.

ERROR: console-tdx-image-2.8b2-r0 do_populate_sdk: Unable to install packages. Command ‘/home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/console-tdx-image/2.8b2-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/opkg --volatile-cache -f /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/console-tdx-image/2.8b2-r0/opkg.conf -t /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/console-tdx-image/2.8b2-r0/temp/ipktemp/ -o /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/console-tdx-image/2.8b2-r0/sdk/image/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --force_postinstall --prefer-arch-to-version install libusbgx1 linux-firmware-ath10k angstrom-packagegroup-boot hostapd linux-firmware-ath9k util-linux-fstrim linux-firmware-iwlwifi cinematicexperience liberation-fonts linuxptp openssh-sftp bzip2 canutils mtd-utils angstrom-feed-configs udev opkg ptpd minicom shadow gpio-export lmbench connman-plugin-ethernet ethtool ldd linux-firmware-sd8688 iperf3 file openssh-scp memtester opkg-config-base i2c-tools connman alsa-utils-aplay devmem2 tinymembench evtest packagegroup-core-standalone-sdk-target connman-plugin-wifi mimetypes linux-firmware-sd8787 gdbserver dosfstools connman-client crda linux-firmware-rtl8192cu udev-extra-rules fs-init tdx-oak-sensors sqlite3 stress pciutils alsa-utils-amixer linux-firmware-sd8686 timestamp-service hdparm backports bmode-usb grep update-alternatives-opkg e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-tune2fs lsof u-boot-toradex-fsl-fw-utils packagegroup-dotnet-deps busybox qtbase linux-firmware-sd8797 connman-plugin-loopback aspell alsa-utils libusbgx-examples packagegroup-basic linux-firmware-sd8887 packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target linux-firmware-ralink nfs-utils-client qtbase-plugins e2fsprogs-resize2fs linux-firmware-rtl8188eu mmc-utils-cos e2fsprogs-mke2fs curl joe nbench-byte systemd packagegroup-base-extended run-postinsts rt-tests’ returned 1:

Collected errors:

• Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
  • Problem 1/1:
    • nothing provides qtserialbus-mkspecs needed by packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target-1.0-r0.all
  • Solution 1:
    • do not ask to install a package providing packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target

ERROR: console-tdx-image-2.8b2-r0 do_populate_sdk: Function failed: do_populate_sdk

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/shiva/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/console-tdx-image/2.8b2-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.5669

ERROR: Task (/home/shiva/oe-core/build/…/layers/meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/images/console-tdx-image.bb:do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code ‘1’

can you please give me reply ASAP

To do Qt development you will need a Qt enabled image built and installed on the target. The regular console-tdx-image is NOT Qt enabled. See here. Only after building a Qt enabled image you may also generate a Qt enabled toolchain.

sir,

we want an image which supports both Qt and read-only feature.
Previously we have discussed in the community, then they suggested me build console-tdx-image.
and that console-tdx-image will support both qt and read-only.

But now you are suggesting angstrom-qt5-x11-image.

so which build i have to do ?

and how i will fix above error ?

i built below,
bitbake -k console-tdx-image …image is working read only also working.

bitbake console-tdx-image -c populate_sdk …above error is occur.

how i will fix this ?

we want an image which supports both Qt and read-only feature.

And why exactly did you NOT state this anywhere?

Previously we have discussed in the community, then they suggested me build console-tdx-image. and that console-tdx-image will support both qt and read-only.

No, console-tdx-image does NOT support Qt. Unless of course you do explicitly add Qt to it as outlined above.

But now you are suggesting angstrom-qt5-x11-image.

No, I did NOT. What @jaski.tx was suggesting is to use angstrom-qt5-x11-image as this one is Qt enabled.

so which build i have to do ?

You may use the console-tdx-image but you WILL explicitly need to add Qt to it.

and how i will fix above error ?

I don’t think what you did made any sense. If you follow our advice you should not get that same error.

i built below, bitbake -k console-tdx-image …image is working read only also working.

But is it Qt enabled?

bitbake console-tdx-image -c populate_sdk …above error is occur.

how i will fix this ?

First, state exactly what it is that you are trying to achieve. Then, we will suggest you the best way forward.