Display settings in Col VF61

Hi

I have a Col VF61 running Colibri-VF_LXDE-Image_2.7b2-20170410 linux image. I have a ui application window which has a size of 1200x600. I have connected a monitor (1368*768) to the iris carrier board. When I opened the application in VF61, it was not looking like the size of 1200x600. The window was too large and moved out the screen. I had to drag the window to click its close button.

I checked the monitor settings (Preference->Monitor Settings) and found out that the resolution was set to 640x480. I changed it to Auto but the result was same. I ran the command xdpyinfo | grep dimensions so it showed me the dimensions 640x480 pixels . I tried creating a new mode with 1368x768 by running the below command :

xrandr --newmode “1368x768_60.00” 85.25 1368 1440 1576 1784 768 771 781 798 -hsync +vsync

I then selected this new mode in Monitor settings in preferences but the result was again the same. How can I resolve this issue. Why the application window is not of its actual size.

Thanks

An user interface application cannot influence the display controllers resolution directly, you need to configure that on a lower level. Regular computer display communicate with your host to transmit supported resolution along with the exact timings (DDC), which allows you to select the resolution using xrandr or similar tools. However, embedded display often do not have DDC, so you need to configure resolution and display timings manually. This article shows how to change those settings when using the DCU DRM driver (used in the current V2.7 release):

Display Output, Resolution and Timings (Linux)

What kind of display are you using and how is it connected?

Its a vga monitor, connected to iris carrier board using dvi to vga connector

VGA has a DDC (Display Data Channel) to communicate the exact times, but our modules/carrier board do not support it. So yeah, you need to use the methods described in the answer section to add timings.