Device Tree for old Colibri Eval 2.1

Hello,

Is there a way to have a DTS file for an old version of evaluation board. I’m interested in a imx6dl-colibri-eval-v2.1c.dts file if it exists in some archive but I can’t find it.

Thanks,

Léo

Well most things have not really changed. The one thing I do predominantly remember is CAN which used to be realised by latched parallel bus which got replaced by SPI. What exactly is it that you are looking for?

I am looking for an existing DTS file (if it exists) to build my Linux environment on buildroot for a Colibri iMX6 on an old Evaluation board v2.1c.
In fact I’ll use USB and the 4 SPI ports, so I need to build Linux with support of that SPI buses.

Thanks,

Léo

I am looking for an existing DTS file (if it exists) to build my Linux environment on buildroot for a Colibri iMX6 on an old Evaluation board v2.1c.

No such device tree exists but as mentioned above you could as well just start with the Colibri Evaluation board V3.x one. Please note that our regular BSPs are based on Angstrom/OpenEmbedded/Yocto and not buildroot. However nothing stops you from using buildroot if that is what you desire.

In fact I’ll use USB and the 4 SPI ports, so I need to build Linux with support of that SPI buses.

USB should really work out-of-the-box. For further SPI interface configurations you will need to customise your device tree as outlined in the following article on our developer website. You may find similar use cases when searching on this forum.

What exactly is it that you are planning to hook up to your SPI interfaces?