Device tree customization iMX7

I have a couple questions about Colibri iMX7 SoC. I’m planing to use UART3-7 on M4 core. As I understand, I have to disable those peripherials in device tree on Linux side.
Do we have to also disable peripherials working on pins we want to use as UART TX/RX? And what about those pins in device tree?

hi @p.machura

Welcome to the Toradex Community!

As I understand, I have to disable those peripherials in device tree on Linux side.
Yes this is correct. These pins should not be included/used by any driver in Linux.

Do we have to also disable peripherials working on pins we want to use as UART TX/RX?
If you disable Uart Pins, then you won’t be able to use them in any peripheral. Thus the device tree won’t compile.

And what about those pins in device tree?

Which pins did you mean exactly?

Please have a look here for further Information.

Best regards,
Jaski

Welcome community!

I want to use uart4.RX function on I2C2_SCL ball. By default this pin is used by ecspi3.SCLK.
Do I have to disable ESCPI3 peripherial?
Do I have to do something with pin in pinmux on device tree?
Pin is configured in M4 as uart4.rx and work properly but without linux booted.

I prepared new binary of device tree and I tried to save it to mmc 0:1, but without success.

Colibri iMX7 # ls mmc 0:1
      5114880   zimage
        45032   imx7d-colibri-emmc-eval-v3.dtb
        43984   imx7d-colibri-emmc-aster.dtb

3 file(s), 0 dir(s)

Colibri iMX7 # save mmc 0:1 ${fdt_addr_r} ${soc}-colibri-emmc-${fdt_board}.dtb 45154
    ** Unable to write file imx7d-colibri-emmc-eval-v3.dtb **

I tried the upper command and it was working fine for me.

As alternative you can also stop the module in uboot and mount the emmc flash of the module to your host and just copy the file to the mounted partition.

This is the command to used:
ums 0 mmc 0

Please make sure that the OTG Port of the carrier board is connected to your host.