Device connection fails on Visual Studio 2019

Hello,

I am evaluating Torizon for a migration from WEC2013 and I am facing an issue with Visual Studio 2019.
I am going through the quick start guide and when I come to “Build and Run your First C Application” I can not get the Device connection working properly.

The device is detected on the network, it reboots correctly, the device properties are updated but I get an error under the device tree saying:
JSON interger 120000000000 is too large or small for an Int32. Path …

Do you have an idea to correct it?

Best regards

Greetings @rpannet,

This is a interesting error that I’m not familiar with. We’ll require some additional information to properly debug this.

Can you enable the debug window for our Extension so that I can get more information about this issue. This can be done by going to Visual Studio and, Tools > Options > Torizon > Show backend console > True. Once that has been set and applied, restart Visual Studio and there should now be a command prompt window that shows all the API calls made by our extension. You may also need to stop the extension process, moses.exe, via task manager after changing the option before the debug window shows up properly.

Once you have that all set could you go through the process of adding the device again in Visual Studio. After you’ve hit the error can you please copy and paste the entire contents of the debug window back here so we can review it.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I have tried to reinstall Torizon from scratch and now it works. The Torizon device is detected with no error.
I am now facing an other issue when I try to deploy the hello world project from the quick step guide.
I get the following error when I click on deploy:

Rebuild started…
Starting Torizon build…
Starting SDK container…
Setting connection info…
Torizon setup completed.
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: TorizonApp2, Configuration: Debug_debian_arm32v7_bullseye x64 ------
1>Cleaning remote project directory
1>Torizon Container Build
1>EXEC : API error : Error calling ApplicationsLoad: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant
1>Description:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Application Type\Linux\1.0\Linux.targets(604,5): error MSB3073: The command ““c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2019\enterprise\common7\ide\extensions\b5betct3.2dw\TorizonBuildContainer.exe” “.\appconfig_0” “debug” -sdk
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Application Type\Linux\1.0\Linux.targets(604,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd” exited with code -1.
1>Done building project “TorizonApp2.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

And the following error in the error list tab:
Error MSB3073 The command ““c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2019\enterprise\common7\ide\extensions\b5betct3.2dw\TorizonBuildContainer.exe” “.\appconfig_0” “debug” -sdk
:VCEnd” exited with code -1. TorizonApp2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Application Type\Linux\1.0\Linux.targets 604

Any advise?

Best regards

Hi @rpannet,

This seems to be a network connectivity issue:

Error calling ApplicationsLoad: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant 

Are you able to connect to the newly installed board at the same IP address it was configured on before you reinstalled?

Drew

For this issue again I must request that you provide the moses debug logs as I described above. This will give us a better idea of what exactly went wrong in the backend.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hello,

Yes the board is pingable with the IP address and the SSH server (using putty) works well.
Here attached is the log file but I fear that it is a common file used with Visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio code. As I did some test (which also fail) with Visual Studio you may have trace from it as well.

Best regards

link text

One of our engineers suggested that a reboot of the board might help or failing that, remove the VS 2019 connect and re-establish it.

Hello,

I have found a similar issue in the link bellow. Changing the Moses backend port back to 5000 solves my issue.

https://www.toradex.com/community/questions/58987/visual-studio-2019-debugging-error-colibri-imx6.html?childToView=60800#answer-60800

Thanks for the support

That’s great news. Thanks for reporting back.