Debian rootfs without docker?

Oh, i thought there wasn’t much difference between knowing how to set up the container properly and building a ‘standalone’ setup, guess i was wrong.

Regarding the container vs no container, i’d like to keep things simpler. The minimal images are a boot partition a rootfs partition and that’s it. You know where the dts are kept and the kernel, so it’s easy to alter those. Network access is without any forwarding etc. Don’t get me wrong for a one-of version (build once and replicate) those reasons don’t apply, but in my use case where things change it does.

Now i’m not sure what to do with this thread, i got another one that turns out to ask the same thing (plus max14830 involvement).
I had Debian running fine till i started with that chip. Using the same kernel/modules (build with yocto using toradex git) work fine on a ‘reference image’ but not on Debian, so i must be doing something wrong and it’s probably a /lib issue given that the content is different. But i assumed all drivers etc were insides the built modules tar…
So didn’t have a clue where to start so given that a Toradex build Debian container exists, i assumed that i could start from that instead.