Dahlia Carrier Board Power System Question

I’m developing a board starting off with the Dahlia Carrier board Rev. 1.1. I’m wondering if the “UV/OV/OC/REVERSE PROTECTION” Is necessary and more specifically is it just protecting my power supply from reverse voltage? I also cannot find the chip anywhere so I wasn’t sure if I needed to find replacements or if I could just remove the circuit and add a large capacitor to filter the incoming power?

It’s for module/carrier board protection against reverse power/battery connection and over current. For other possible power supply solutions please check chapter 3 Power Management of Verdin Carrier Board Design Guide.

@alex.tx in section 3.4.3.3 (Reference Schematics for Single Cell Battery Power Approach) says “TBA”, what does it mean?

Hi @jbruno ,

The TBA means “To be announced”.

Were you able to find the solution you were looking for?

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Hi @daniel_m.tx
Thanks for your answer. I am looking for schematics for the single cell battery power approach.
Best regards,
Julián

What exactly question(s) do you have about Single Cell Battery Power Approach described at Verdin Carrier Board Design Guide?

Thank you so much, I didn’t know there was a board design guide. Ch 3 was exactly what I needed.