Customized image recipe

Hi,
I created a dedicated image recipe based on “console-trdx-image” which works fine. Now i want to edit the update.sh script (via patch) and i want to add an additional u-boot script which should be included in the resulting tarball. What would be the correct way to do so? I do not want to copy the whole “meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/files/colibiri-imx7” folder, i just want to add/edit. Adding my file to SRC_URI within my image recipe seems not to be sufficent.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

Note that this use case has not been considered when tdx-image-fstype.inc was added.

The imagedeploytools task in tdx-image-fstype.inc will copy update.sh and the U-Boot scripts to ${IMAGE_DIR}/ and ${IMAGE_DIR}/${MACHINE}_bin. One thing which you could do is to append to the imagedeploytools task in your image recipe to change those files or to add additional ones.

I expect that with SRC_URI you could bring a U-Boot script file to ${WORKDIR} and then copy it to ${IMAGE_DIR}/${MACHINE}_bin.

You could use sed or patch to change files e.g. as the following does:

imagedeploytools_append_colibri-imx7 () {
    sed -i 's/\(KERNEL_DEVICETREE\=\"\)/\1imx7d-colibri-vibration.dtb /' ${IMAGE_DIR}/update.sh
    sed -i '1s/^/setenv fdt_board vibration ; saveenv \n/' ${IMAGE_DIR}/${MACHINE}_bin/flash_blk.scr
}

Max