Configure Linux image for Easy Installer

Hi all,
I’m trying to create a custom linux image for my Apalis iMX6q. For legacy reason I have to use ptxdist instead of Yocto/OE.
I have my uImage, my *.dtb and a file called root.tgz which contains the root folder of my operating system.
In order to install this image I tried to adapt the Apalis-iMX6_LXDE-Image_2.7-20180104.tar.bz2, replacing the symbolic links for uImage and dtb (even if I’m using the standard imx6q-apalis-eval.dts, I copied the result of the build operation).

After that I tried to launch the update script with this command:

sudo ./update.sh -m 1 -o /media/usbStick

But the script fails with error

Did not find the devicetrees from KERNEL_DEVICETREE, imx6q-apalis-eval.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-eval.dtb imx6q-apalis-ixora.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-ixora.dtb imx6q-apalis-ixora-v1.1.dtb.  Aborting.

If I replace my uImage with the standard one everything works (so far the dtb is in correct position).
I assume that I’m missing something when I build the image.
What could be?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

Massimo

update.sh script is for an “old” style of image update. Toradex Easy Installer uses a different layout. Please use this as a reference - https://docs.toradex.com/104968-colibri-imx6-linux-lxde-image-tezi.tar

More information about TEZI available here - Downloads & Installers | Toradex Developer Center (“Configuration Files” tab)

Many thanks!
Now the Easy installer recognize the image, it can’t install due to a configuration error but this is a first step.

Thanks again.

Massimo

You are welcome. Let us know, once you solved you configuration error.

I was able to install the OS via the installer, but now it seems dead. No messages neither on serial port nor on ethernet port.

I don’t know how to reset the module, I think that u-boot has been corrupted (but I’m not sure).

You can go the recovery mode and with flash an official image.