Compilation device tree imx6ull 512MB V1.1A

Hi, I have a question.
I´m working with colibri imx6ull 512MB WB IT V1.1A and BSP 6.4 in Yocto-Project

I customized the file imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dts, so will have my personalized device tree.
And now, I want to know, How compile the file imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dts to include the binary file (.dtb) on the device tree, and can use it in my module?

This articule: Build Linux Kernel from Source Code | Toradex Developer Center return a ERROR, when I compiled using: make DTC_FLAGS=“-@” imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dtb

Hi @facundo.n.r !

We need to know the error you are getting :sweat_smile:

Could you please share it?

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx , the error than return is:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target ‘arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dtb’. Stop.
make[1]: *** [/home/yocto-project/linux/Makefile:1381: imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dtb] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:234: __sub-make] Error 2

Another question, should I have previously followed the steps in this part?Build U-Boot From Source Code | Toradex Developer Center

this module is with NAND

Hi @facundo.n.r !

Thanks for the additional information.

I just followed the all the steps listed in Build Linux Kernel from Source Code | Toradex Developer Center and it worked for me.

Here you can see the final outcome:

[ 12:34 ]  [ ~/linux-mainline((6596053fa15b...)✔) ]
 $ make imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dtb
  SYNC    include/config/auto.conf.cmd
  UPD     include/config/kernel.release
  DTC     arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-wifi-eval-v3.dtb

Are you sure you read all the article content and followed the steps in there?

It is not needed. The necessary steps are listed/referenced in the Build Linux Kernel from Source Code | Toradex Developer Center article.

Best regards,

Yes, Is necesary apply previously the steps in this document Build U-Boot From Source Code | Toradex Developer Center ?

Another question, in the step Download the Linux Kernel Source, (Build Linux Kernel from Source Code | Toradex Developer Center ).
Do you choose the master branch?

$ git clone -b master https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
$ cd linux

Hi @facundo.n.r !

This was answered in my previous message (I edited it a bit before you answered back :slight_smile: )

Please follow the article. It is explained there in the Kernel Version Information section.

Best regards,