Colibri iMX8QXP Qt5 Image

Based on Build Apalis iMX8/Colibri iMX8X OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project Bring-up Image
I created Qt5 image [bitbake -k fsl-image-qt5]

After write to SD linux boot , but how start any graphic application ?
How start XWayland ?
Please, give me a hint

From imx-yocto-bsp/README-IMXBSP

To run the QT5 examples use the following parameters:
“QT5 example” platform wayland-egl -plugin evdevtouch:/dev/input/event0 --fullscreen

My build script:

MACHINE=colibri-imx8qxp DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build ;bitbake -k fsl-image-qt5

My test run:

cd /usr/share/qt5/examples/gui/analogclock;
./analogclock platform wayland-egl -plugin evdevtouch:/dev/input/event0 --fullscreen

Result:

Failed to create display (No such file or directory)

Hi

I guess the issue is that there is no display output at the moment. So weston fails to start because it finds no output device.

We currently in the process of bringing up a MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter. While it already works when used as a framebuffer, weston still has issues.

We will not get the parallel RGB interface working in the Colibri iMX8QXP V1.0A HW version.

Max

Hi

Version 1.0 goes to the trash?
The V1.0A version will not have a working parallel RGB output. What that means for your evaluation depends on your use case.

When the next version?
We have prototypes with the SOC in its B0 stepping but currently we are still in the bring-up phase.

RGB on “Colibri iMX8QXP V1.0A” = LVDS on IRIS Carier Board ?
That is correct, on Iris the LVDS signals are generated from the Colibri’s parallel RGB output.

Max

No display = No FUN :frowning:
A little heap !

IRIS Carier Board has “DVI-I” connector ( digital and analog in the same connector )
Both signals are from RGB ? the only solution is " MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter. " ?

Version 1.0 goes to the trash? When the next version?
RGB on “Colibri iMX8QXP V1.0A” = LVDS on IRIS Carier Board ?
This is a problem for me in using this module without display

Yeah, the only Solution for the moment we tested is MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter. One could try also connect the MIPI-DSI connector to LVDS Input but this was not tested yet.

What do you think about VNC? (For prototyping is enough)

From Qt samples :analogclock works over VNC (I installed tigervnc and xauth)

./analogclock -platform vnc
or
./analogclock -platform xcb

But I need OpenGL
When I try start any Qt examples with opengl I have

cannot create platform opengl context neither glx nor egl are enabled

hi @draminski

We got the LVDS output working. We were running a QT Demo, which uses OpenGL. So OpenGL should be working.

Best regards, Jaski

Very good news !
If you can, write a few words about how it works.
You mean this solution MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter

Yeah, you just need to add support for the LVDS screen and patch the device tree. No, we made a different Adapter just for Demo Purposes which connects the MIPI/DSI signals (section 4.4.2 in the Datasheet) to LVDS.

1. I confirm, one step forward !
  2. I build image with your modifications and now I can start all application with OpenGL.
  3. I have only a small problem: At this moment I don’t have adapter for lvds or hdmi :wink: I’m waiting for your MIPI-DSI to HDMI adapter (No alternative solutions, x11vnc don’ work on wayland)

Perfect that you progressed. Let us know your experience once you got the Adapter.