Colibri imx7d aster recovery mode and porting yocto issues

Hello
I am trying to port yocto on colibri iMX7D with Aster carrier board. I followed the steps in respective links:

This is first time I am porting yocto, I have successfully created image but don’t know the correct deployment process. I have referenced many links, but that increased my confusion.Kindly tell me the steps of deployment.
Also i tried to put aster carrier board in recovery mode by shorting R19 as mentioned in aster carrier board datasheet, but that dosen’t seem to be right procedure. Please tell me how to put colibri with aster carrier board in RECOVERY mode correctly.

hi @garima09

Could you provide the Software version of the module?

Also i tried to put aster carrier board in recovery mode by shorting R19 as mentioned in aster carrier board datasheet, but that dosen’t seem to be right procedure. Please tell me how to put colibri with aster carrier board in RECOVERY mode correctly.

This should work fine. You need to shorten the pads of R19 and then power on the aster carrier board. Doing this, you will see nothing in the Console. But then you need to launch Toradex Easy Installer from a different terminal.
Note: You also need to do the connection between X9 (micro USB Port) and your host additionally to the conenetion to X4.

Best regards,
Jaski

The board has been successfully put in RECOVERY mode, the installer screen has been obtained as given intoradex_installer.jpeg. The respective images obtained is shown in images.png. Do i need to format an partition SD card in FAT and ext4 ?? And what files need to copy. Still deployment process is not clear. Kindly let me know ASAPlink text

Right now board does not have SD card

You need to connect the module to Internet, then you will see on the screen, which images you can install.
Alternatively you can extract the Images also on the USB Key.

Best regards,
Jaski

I have my own customised yocto image, can i deploy it using toradex installer?? if not, then what can be the other way??

Yeah sure you can deploy your custom image.

If you build the image using our OpenEmbeddedArticle, this will give you an Toradex Easy Installer Image (xx-Tezi_xx.tar) which you can extract to USB Stick.

Alternatively you can take a prebuilt Image and change the parts (uboot, kernel, rootfs) you changed in your custom image.

Best regards,
Jaski