Colibri iMX6ULL QT5 Support and Interfacing Parallel RGB Display and a LVDS Display

I want to ask Toradex regarding the support for QT5 on Colibri iMX6ULL, I want to deploy QT Quick and and QT Quick 2 and Widgets on Colibri iMX6ULL, How will be the performance for the specified processor to run both the Application over a LVDS Conected 10.1 " IPS Display and 7" Conected RGB Display.

Dear @t20

Our latest LTS release BSP 3.0.4 is based on Yocto Project version thud and you can include Qt with version 5.11 in your custom images. With that, you should be able to use QT Quick and Widgets. Please check this page to see the compatibility of the different versions. Another option would be Qt for Device Creation. You can get an overview for the different offerings here.

However, I’m afraid your planned setup is not possible. The Colibri iMX6ULL features only a single parallel RGB interface, which can be used to either connect a RGB LCD display or a converter to a different display interface (e.g. LVDS). Beside that this SoM doesn’t have a dedicated graphics controller and is not intended to have a lot of graphics, in your case even on two displays. You may want to check the Colibri iMX6 DualLite, which could be a better fit for your plans.

Best regards
Diego

Hey Diego , First of all, I like to thank you for your response and I think I haven’t correctly specified what I wanted to ask,

1. I want to make HMI That can Have 7" RGB Display Like this
    or It can Drive a display Like this (Only One Display will be used from both the selection)
  2. I want to make fluidic Gui With Best possible bpp using a budget constraint system,
    Please suggest a suitable solution for that.

As was mentioned by Diego, Colibri iMX6ULL does support only parallel RGB interface. An LVDS displays can be connected only trough parallel rGB-to_LVDS converter IC. Our Iris v2.0 carrier board has such IC and supports up to 24bpp. You can take a look to it’s schematic for reference.