I am trying to boot viola board having iMX6ULL by following the procedure in the link. I have formatted my sd card using following commands:
- Start fdisk to partition the SD card: fdisk /dev/sdX
- At the fdisk prompt, delete old partitions and create a new one:
- Type o. This will clear out any partitions on the drive.
- Type p to list partitions. There should be no partitions left.
- Type n, then p for primary, 1 for the first partition on the drive, and then press ENTER twice to accept the default first and last sector.
- Type t, then c to set the first partition to type W95 FAT32 (LBA).
- Write the partition table and exit by typing w.
- Create and mount the FAT filesystem: mkfs.vfat /dev/sdX1
At last, I have called ./update.sh -o with the mount point of my sd card. For e.g.
./update.sh -o /media/abhiarora/LINUX.
After inserting sd card into viola board and powering it, I pressed any key to prevent bootloader to exit. After I get the bootloader prompt
Colibri iMX6ULL # , I have typed
run setupdate and it returned the following results:
Looks like, my board is not detecting my sd card. Please help.
I think I found the issue is related to 38571 on Toradex System/Computer on Modules - Linux BSP Release. I don’t have any display. I am trying to get into recovery mode (by adding a 10K resistor on colibri module) and soldered the usb port on viola board with necessary resistors R17, R55, R56 and connector X4. Then, i have connected the usb to my PC running Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit).
tail -f /var/log/syslog returns the output given below:
Looks like there is no /dev device node being assigned to the usb. I am not sure if it should. I entered in uboot and run
bmode usb command to get into recovery mode and then i tried the
update.sh -d command but nothing works. See the image in the attachment. Please help with the instruction to get the board boot.
I am using
Colibri iMX6ULL v1.0A, Ubuntu 16.04 and a viola board.