Colibri iMX6 not booting up

Hi,

I am working on modifying device tree to make iMX6 work with customized carrier board. I replaced the device tree file and the module is not booting up anymore. It seems like the new device tree is the problem for not booting up. I am not able to flash linux image on to the module from the uSD card.

Colibri iMX6 # run setupdate
reading flash_mmc.img
307 bytes read in 11 ms (26.4 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 10800000
reading flash_blk.img
710 bytes read in 13 ms (52.7 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 12000000
board_name env not set!

I am trying to get into recovery mode but not successful.

At this point I am using Iris V1.1 to help flash Embedded Linux on to the module. How do i flash u-boot and kernel on to the module at this point?

Thanks.

Your module probably had a much older BSP installed. Please proceed according to this article on our developer website.

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the input. I tried the mentioned article but the output of ‘run setupdate’ is as above.

Marcel.tx! Thank you .

I was using the wrong version of U-Boot loader. The procedure you mentioned helped me recover.

Thank you once again.

I guess you missed the section about Flashing from Scratch using the USB Recovery Mode. Alternatively you may try the following:

Colibri iMX6 # setenv board_name colibri_imx6
Colibri iMX6 # setenv drive 1
Colibri iMX6 # setenv interface mmc
Colibri iMX6 # run setupdate

BTW: It would have been helpful to know what exact U-Boot version you are running and whether or not you modified its environment.