Chromium not fullscreen after disconnect hdmi monitor and then reconnect

Not yet,
from weston developers it seems that it’s a weston issue and there is an open Merge Request.
As soon as this MR is merged, I’m going to inform NXP so that they can merge it into their fork.
And as the last step, I’m going to ask Toradex to integrate it into TorizonCore.

I hope that this helps.

The patch in weston has been merged (see here).

Just posted a message on the NXP community asking NXP to merge the patch in their fork.
@jeremias.tx in case Toradex can merge this patch independently from NXP, feel free to do it.

Thank you for reporting back to us regarding this. I’ll bring this to the attention of our developer team.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

At the moment (April 28th, 2023) the patch has not been merged yet in weston-imx fork.
No roadmap has been shared by NXP.

Hi @wheeler !

We tested enabling Weston’s kiosk-shell and we are happy to say that doing so was enough to keep the browser in fullscreen (kiosk) even when unplugging/plugging the HDMI cable.

I tested on a Verdin iMX8MP Q 4GB IT V1.0B + Yavia V1.0A running TorizonCore 6.3.0-build.4.

Reference to Weston’s kiosk-shell can be found in the article Working with Weston on TorizonCore | Toradex Developer Center.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx
I’ve just tested on Torizon OS 6.4.0+build.5 for iMX8M-Plus but unfortunately the issue has not been fixed yet.

Can you double check, please?

Hi @vix !

Did it work for you on TorizonCore 6.3.0-build.4?

Best regards,

Never tried on 6.3.0+build.3

Could you try it?

This is a way to find out if you can reproduce the finding on TorizonCore 6.3.0-build.4.

Best regards,

Can you share a link to download TorizonOS 6.3.0+build.4 with Evaluation Containers for Verdin iMX8m-Plus?

I re-read your message above.
Do you mean that enabling weston kiosk-shell is required to fix the issue?
And so

[core]
shell=kiosk-shell.so

msut be added to weston.ini?

Thanks

Hi @vix !

You can refer to Download Links | Toradex Developer Center, on session Torizon OS Quarterly Releases, tab TorizonCore 6 older quarterly releases. There you will find the TorizonOS 6.3.0+build.4.

Precisely. This is what I wrote on August 23th :wink:

Usually, any Weston configuration is done on weston.ini. Please refer to Working with Weston on Torizon OS | Toradex Developer Center to understand how such modifications can be done.

Best regards,