Change video file display on HDMI output port

Hello,
I have used toradex apalis imx8 customize board. After flashed image, video was started on HDMI port.
I want to start my customized video on HDMI port after board started.
Can you share me the path where I can store my video file to start video on board startup?

Hi @dipakshetye

Welcome to toradex community.

Could you provide the software and hardware versions of your setup?

After flashed image, video was started on HDMI port.

are you talking about the lords of the rings image application? if yes, you can disable the same and run your application/script instead. Please have a look here

Hello,

I am using apalis imx8 SOM with our customize board and use multimedia image for board.

Yes, I am talking about the lords of the rings image application.

I want to play a video file having .mp4 file. Is this file format supported on the board ? or
any specific file format to play video ?

Hi @dipakshetye

Yes, MP4 video format is supported. Hope you have included all the GStreamer packages in your custom image.if yes, you can play the video using gst-play-1.0 or gst-launch-1.0.
Please refer to video-encoding-and-playback-with-gstreamer-linux article for more information.

Hello,
I want to start my customized video format of .mp4 using GStreamer at board startup instead of lords of the rings image application.
What do I changes in the system ?

Hi @dipakshetye

Please refer to the how-to-autorun-application-at-the-start-up-in-linux article for starting your application/script at boot.

Create a simple script with gstreamer pipeline like gplay-1.0 test.mp4 or gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file://test.mp4 and provide the path of this script in the wayland-app-launch.sh (/usr/bin/) file.Now restart the weston service(systemctl restart weston@root) or the target.