Cant open Windows VSCode project last updated Jan 19th

Well this is no way to maintain an embedded toolchain…

I need to update an application developed using Toradex’s “Toradex Torizon Support” plugin for Windows VSCode (v 1.5.1) and, after fixing/updating several files, the extension still throws:

“Unknown fatal error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘includes’)”

I’m at a loss…

Also it looks like the “Torizon: Rebuild SDK and reload in container” command has disappeared?? so it is impossible to build the container needed to refactor the code…

I get the same error on the “preview” version of the extension v1.6.6

Greetings @ed-bear,

If possible could you provide the full logs from the extension from start-up till this error you’re seeing.

Also, have you recently updated Docker Desktop on your Windows PC? Recently other users have been reporting that starting with Docker Desktop version 4.19.0 has been causing issues with our extension: Checking docker - vscode torizon extension hangs

In case you might be affected as well since you’re on Windows I see.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I am indeed using Docker Desktop 4.19.0 (106363), but not seeing the errors from that other ticket.

I managed to get the SDK devcontainer image to build by running “Torizon/C-C++: Import existing C/C++ application” … Now the set of errors I get opening the project inside the devcontainer are:

[4873 ms] Start: Run: docker events --format {{json .}} --filter event=start
[4907 ms] Start: Starting container
[4907 ms] Start: Run: docker run --sig-proxy=false -a STDOUT -a STDERR --mount type=bind,source=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders,target=/workspaces/founders,consistency=cached --mount source=C:\Users\fireeC:\Users\firee/.moses,target=/home/torizon/.moses,type=bind --mount source=//var/run/docker.sock,target=/var/run/docker.sock,type=bind --mount type=volume,src=vscode,dst=/vscode --mount type=bind,src=\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu-20.04\mnt\wslg\runtime-dir\wayland-0,dst=/tmp/vscode-wayland-786f20b9-f340-4a43-a044-3f25ad02deae.sock -l devcontainer.local_folder=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform -l devcontainer.config_file=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform\.devcontainer\devcontainer.json -e AR=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar -e AS=arm-linux-gnueabihf-as -e CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -e CXX=arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -e CPP=arm-linux-gnueabihf-cpp -e STRIP=arm-linux-gnueabihf-strip -e LD=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld -e CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -e QMAKE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-qmake -e QT_INCLUDES=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5 --network=host --entrypoint /bin/sh vsc-tarform-93f7638f6d6a6115feaaeb00ff2b9be2fadcaff0f4e649b35bf25864326a5cf8 -c echo Container started
docker: Error response from daemon: CreateFile C:\Users\fireeC:\Users\firee\.mos
es: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
See 'docker run --help'.
[5238 ms] Start: Run: docker ps -q -a --filter label=devcontainer.local_folder=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform --filter label=devcontainer.config_file=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform\.devcontainer\devcontainer.json
[5413 ms] Error: Command failed: docker run --sig-proxy=false -a STDOUT -a STDERR --mount type=bind,source=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders,target=/workspaces/founders,consistency=cached --mount source=C:\Users\fireeC:\Users\firee/.moses,target=/home/torizon/.moses,type=bind --mount source=//var/run/docker.sock,target=/var/run/docker.sock,type=bind --mount type=volume,src=vscode,dst=/vscode --mount type=bind,src=\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu-20.04\mnt\wslg\runtime-dir\wayland-0,dst=/tmp/vscode-wayland-786f20b9-f340-4a43-a044-3f25ad02deae.sock -l devcontainer.local_folder=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform -l devcontainer.config_file=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform\.devcontainer\devcontainer.json -e AR=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar -e AS=arm-linux-gnueabihf-as -e CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -e CXX=arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -e CPP=arm-linux-gnueabihf-cpp -e STRIP=arm-linux-gnueabihf-strip -e LD=arm-linux-gnueabihf-ld -e CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -e QMAKE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-qmake -e QT_INCLUDES=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5 --network=host --entrypoint /bin/sh vsc-tarform-93f7638f6d6a6115feaaeb00ff2b9be2fadcaff0f4e649b35bf25864326a5cf8 -c echo Container started
[5413 ms] trap "exit 0" 15
[5413 ms] exec "$@"
[5413 ms] while sleep 1 & wait $!; do :; done -
[5413 ms]     at Tse (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:1946:3264)
[5413 ms]     at rO (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:1946:3200)
[5413 ms]     at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
[5414 ms]     at async Xse (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:1961:2626)
[5414 ms]     at async vh (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:1961:3741)
[5414 ms]     at async gae (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:2092:10213)
[5414 ms]     at async mae (c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js:2092:9954)
[5424 ms] Exit code 1
[5428 ms] Command failed: C:\Users\firee\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe --ms-enable-electron-run-as-node c:\Users\firee\.vscode\extensions\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers-0.292.0\dist\spec-node\devContainersSpecCLI.js up --user-data-folder c:\Users\firee\AppData\Roaming\Code\User\globalStorage\ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers\data --container-session-data-folder /tmp/devcontainers-367f6c00-92a6-4bd2-a136-57c28ec0e4d41685038425684 --workspace-folder z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform --workspace-mount-consistency cached --id-label devcontainer.local_folder=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform --id-label devcontainer.config_file=z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform\.devcontainer\devcontainer.json --log-level debug --log-format json --config z:\Docs\tarform\code\founders\tarform\.devcontainer\devcontainer.json --default-user-env-probe loginInteractiveShell --mount type=volume,source=vscode,target=/vscode,external=true --mount type=bind,source=\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu-20.04\mnt\wslg\runtime-dir\wayland-0,target=/tmp/vscode-wayland-786f20b9-f340-4a43-a044-3f25ad02deae.sock --skip-post-create --update-remote-user-uid-default on --mount-workspace-git-root true
[5428 ms] Exit code 1

looks like the image is likely the result of the later docker run failing right?

Hey hey, I remember this problem:

This brings me to Checking docker - vscode torizon extension hangs

After all that, if you downgrade the version of Docker Desktop, does the project work properly now then?

Best Regards,
Jeremias