Cant build systemd based image

I am able to build a custom distro using yocto and the community BSP for an iMX6 based apalis module in ixora base board using sysvinit without any major problem.

What I want to do though is use a systemd based init so I add

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = “systemd”
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = “sysvinit”
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = “”

to my distro config file. The build then runs to the last task do_rootfs where it fails with a number of ‘problems’ like so:

nothing provides kernel-3.14.52-v2.6b2.1+g9f2723e14bab needed by kernel-module-galcore-3.14.52-v2.6b2.1+g9f2723e14bab-5.0.11.p8.6+fslc+git0+a05d9b23b9-r0.apalis_imx6

while its trying to execute the dnf command to install the rootfs.

I have been unable so far to find out why it is failing here. I am able to supply any further information that might help resolve this problem. From what I understand if there was a package stipulating a newer virtual/kernel version is required it would fail much earlier with a more precise error message.

Hi

While you tell that you’re not using our standard setup you fail to provide what you actually use. What layers at what Yocto release and with what git hashes?

I do not know what is actually needed to move from a SysVinit system to a systemd one in Yocto.

And its hard to tell what goes wrong. Some things to try:

• Is the package really not available in the deploy rpm folder?
  • Did you make sure that the kernel got rebuilt and packaged?
    bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/kernel kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv
    bitbake virtual/kernel kernel-module-imx-gpu-viv
    bitbake "the image"
  • Did you delete the tmp directory after you changed DISTRO_FEATURES? At least for some changes this is needed.
  • Did you delete the tmp and sstate directory after you changed DISTRO_FEATURES? At least for some changes this is needed.

Max