Can we access the virtual COM port using COMx rather than \\.\wceusbsh001?

Dear @MikeS,

Thank you for your feedback. We are not planning to integrate with our standard release image as it is not a more generic fix for other use cases.

Wish you good luck for your further development works!

Dear @Matte
It’s expected to work.
Please take a few minutes to test it, and everybody in the community would appreciate if you share your result here.
Thank you and best regards
Andy

Dear guys,
could you tell me if this procedure works with PXA or there are any other changes to do.
Thank you

Dear @andy.tx ,
I did the following steps:

• copy the SerialUSBFn.dll in \FlashDisk\System\SerialUSBFn.dll

• change the Serial_Class registers:

• Dll : \FlashDisk\System\SerialUSBFn.dll
    • idProduct 0x79
    • DeviceArrayIndex 0x01

Using this configuration it’s not working.
Could you tell me if I miss anythings?
I attached the registerPXA.reg

Thank you

registerPXA.reg

In my application I use the following code:

HANDLE hPort;
hPort = CreateFile(TEXT("\\$device\\com0"), GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL );

using PXA and VF61 the result is hPort = INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;
using T20 is hPort is VALID_HANDLE_VALUE;

Best regards
Matteo

Dear guys,

I tried the previous changes on:

• T20 WinCe7 and it’s working.
  • VF61 on WinCE6 and it’s not working.
  • PXA on WinCe5 and it’s not working.

I don’t understand if I’m wrong anythings.
Could you help me?

Dear @Matte,

Did you connect VF61 and PXA to the Windows 10 PC and wrote the serial port application to use that?

May I know your Windows 10 update version?

This special bInterfaceSubClass to 0x2 not required for Windows 10, 2019 march update onwards. Could you test update your Windows 10 till 2019, March and do the test again.

Still, if you need this fix, May I know which is your target platform, Is it VF61, WinCE6 or PXA, WinCE5. We may need to build SerialUSBFn.dll with the bInterfaceSubClass change.

Dear @raja.tx ,

I’m sorry of late answer, but the last two weeks I was outside, and I didn’t try your suggestions before to today.
I had update Window to 1903, and I tried with WinCe6 VF61,
but the connection is not worked.

Best regards
Matteo

Dear @Matte,

I am looking into Windows 10 update and without special driver to fix the issue.
Meanwhile, I built special serialusbfn.dll with bInterfaceSubClass is 0x2 fix that I would like to share with you for testing : serialusbfn_ce6. Could you test this driver with Vybrid, CE6 and let us know the result.

You need to follow below steps

• copy the SerialUSBFn.dll in \FlashDisk\System\SerialUSBFn.dll
  • change the Serial_Class registers:
    - Dll : \FlashDisk\System\SerialUSBFn.dll

Dear @Matte,

Quickly I tested with last serialusbfn_ce6 driver, it is working for me with Windows 10. I used termterm Windows 10 application and terminal CE WinCE application.

I used this inf file on Windows 7 to set the driver.

Please let me know similar setup is working for you?

Dear @raja.tx ,
I tried the solution on the Colibri eval board and it works, but with that same VF61 on our hardware, it does not.

I attach the electrical diagram of our custom board along with a copy of the registry extracted from the VF61 we tested.

Perhaps there are some pins that need to be set and that we did not?
By the way, we set pin 137 to output 1.

Kind Regards

Dea @raja.tx,

I don’t understand if the problem is my hardware or/and my application.

Can I use a demo program on the evaluation board in order to test this problem?

Best regards
Matteo

Dear @Matte,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to request you below test and let us know the feedback.

1. Try this USBFn only and verify the serial driver is working?

2. Set CableDetectPin to other than 137 e.g.135, manually give high or low voltage to the pin to verify the Client driver is loading or not. If you set 137 then CableDetectPol always 1, should not set to 0.

3. SODIMM 137 signal is 3.3v tolerant, please refer below picture Is that D1(137) connected to SD card(CN7) in your schematic?
    1878-selection-008.png

Dear @Matte,

SerialUSBFn driver is the same for Serial_class and COM port USBSER_Class. This should work for both cases. This should not have a dependency on any carrier board difference.

CableDectectPin documentation is valid for Vybrid also, sorry we didn’t update in the documentation. We would do that soon.

Could you also reply for the below question which asked already: SODIMM 137 signal is 3.3v tolerant, please refer below picture Is that D1(137) connected to SD card(CN7) in your schematic?

Dear @raja.tx,

the SODIMM 137 signal is 3.3v and it’s isolated, it’s not connected to SD card in my schematic.
Matteo

Dear @raja.tx,
thank you for your replay.

1. Yes, the serial driver is working on my board using SODIM 137 like GPIO and Output 1.
    it doesn’t work like VirtualCom Port on Win 10.
    I used the remote_display on Win7. it’s not work on Win10.

2. Is it possible to use CableDectectPin on VF61?
    Because I read the forum with @sciur and I understood that it’s working only for T20 and PXA.

Best regards
Matteo

Dear @Matte,

Is there any progress on here. Could you reply to the questions here : http://www.toradex.com/community/comments/43696/view.html

Also, which one you tried : http://www.toradex.com/community/comments/42305/view.html to test with Windows 10 or Windows 10 update till 2919, march update.

Is there any driver install problem with Windows 10. Any Yellow mark in the device manager listed items? Did you try with another Windows 10 laptop?

Did you fix this already : https://support.waspbarcode.com/kb/articles/windows-10-fix-summary-for-windows-mobile-device-center-issues-win10fix