Building OpenEmbedded Linux BSP 2.7b4 failed

Dear Toradex.

I am trying to build BSP Apalis-T30_LXDE-Image_2.7b4-20171005. I am running linux Fedora v21. I followed instructions on OpenEmbedded (core) - Toradex System/Computer on Modules. Hopefully I did it well. Unfortunatelly the build fails with just one task error (see the attachment for terminal log and do_configure log). I tried to build it again but the same error was reported.
Could you please advice how to overcome this.

Just to summarize the error:

WARNING: tdx-nv-binaries-1.0-r19 do_populate_lic: tdx-nv-binaries: No generic license file exists for: SGI in any provider
WARNING: tdx-nv-binaries-1.0-r19 do_populate_lic: tdx-nv-binaries: No generic license file exists for: Khronos in any provider
WARNING: snapd-2.25-r0 do_configure: /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sstate-control/manifest-apalis-t30-go-cross.populate_sysroot not found
WARNING: tegrarcm-native-1.7+-r0 do_populate_lic: tegrarcm-native: No generic license file exists for: NVIDIA-Public in any provider
ERROR: tegrarcm-native-1.7+-r0 do_configure: configure failed
ERROR: tegrarcm-native-1.7+-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/x86_64-linux/tegrarcm-native/1.7+-r0/temp/log.do_configure.26394)

Thank you.

Best regards

Vlastimil Petrucha

And you did install the prerequisites as suggested in that article?

Yes I did, but maybe I missed something.

As first I installed required software for Fedora distribution

sudo dnf install gawk make wget tar bzip2 gzip python3 unzip perl patch \
    diffutils diffstat git cpp gcc gcc-c++ glibc-devel texinfo chrpath \
    ccache perl-Data-Dumper perl-Text-ParseWords perl-Thread-Queue perl-bignum socat \
    python3-pexpect findutils which file cpio python python3-pip xz

Then I installed section for Fedora 20 & 21, i.e.

sudo yum install cryptopp-devel.i686 curl glibc-devel.i686 libstdc++-static.i686 libusb-devel.i686 libuuid-devel.i686 lzo-devel.i686 lzop zlib-devel.i686
cd /usr/lib; sudo ln -s libusb-1.0.so.0.1.0 libusb-1.0.so # fixes /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lusb-1.0

I do have to admit that we have not run Fedora 21 for quite a while since it went end of life more than 2 years ago! Could you maybe give any later actually still supported distro a try? We are e.g. successfully running such builds on Fedora 26.

Now I installed Fedora 26 as you proposed. I also installed required software for Fedora distribution as listed above. Should I install anything else? From prerequisities it looks like that is all.
This time I got this errors:

ERROR: fontconfig-native-2.12.1-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: fontconfig-native-2.12.1-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/i686-linux/fontconfig-native/2.12.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19458)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/i686-linux/fontconfig-native/2.12.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19458

At the end there is the same issue I originally reported

ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/../layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/fontconfig/fontconfig_2.12.1.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: tegrarcm-native-1.7+-r0 do_configure: configure failed
ERROR: tegrarcm-native-1.7+-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/i686-linux/tegrarcm-native/1.7+-r0/temp/log.do_configure.19513)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/vlastimilpetrucha/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/i686-linux/tegrarcm-native/1.7+-r0/temp/log.do_configure.19513

Could you, please, provide me the step-by-step procedure how to build bsp for Apalis-T30 on Fedora 26? It would help me a lot, since I already stuck on this for a lot of days and have no idea what am I doing wrong.

I am running linux Fedora within the VirtualBox.

Thank you!
Vlastimil Petrucha

Yes, sorry. You are just one step ahead of us. Please try repo initting to the following commit which fixes this and will go into our LinuxImageV2.7 branch as soon as we finished some validation.

Thank you for advice, finally I used the branch LinuxImageV2.7-next including the commit. I can confirm the issue with fontconfig disappeared. The tegrarcm issue still persists. from the config.log I found the -lstdc++ is not found. So I installed it like this

sudo dnf install libstdc++-static libstdc++-static.i686 --best

Now it looks like I finally compiled it succesfully with a few warnings.

Thank you for your kind support.
Best regards
Vlastimil Petrucha