Build Qt5 SDK problem

I’m using ubuntu 14.04 installed in VM, Toradex version 2.6, Colibri evaluation board and i.MX7S. I followed pages Open Embedded (Core) and Qt Creator cross compile to compile the meta-toolchain-qt5.

First time result is an error and here the console (complete console in log_1.zip)

| compiling qwayland-server-hardware-integration.cpp
| compiling .moc/moc_qwlcompositor_p.cpp
| compiling .moc/moc_qwldatadevicemanager_p.cpp
| compiling .moc/moc_qwlinputmethod_p.cpp
| compiling .moc/moc_qwlkeyboard_p.cpp
| compiling .moc/moc_waylandwindowmanagerintegration_p.cpp
| compiling qwayland-server-server-buffer-extension.cpp
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold: error: cannot find -lqtfreetype
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:204: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Memory_Face'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:236: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:287: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Face'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/basic/qbasicfontdatabase.cpp:206: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Face'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:92: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1462: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1475: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Charmap'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1476: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1477: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Charmap'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1467: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/5.5.1+gitAUTOINC+5afc431323-r0/git/src/gui/text/qfontengine_ft.cpp:1462: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'

And ends with this message:

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/guest/oe-core/build/../stuff/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtwayland_git.bb, do_compile

Second time (log_2.zip) i used the fix in this thread, restart bitbake but the same problem happened.link text

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi

This here is the culprit:

| /home/guest/oe-core/build/out-glibc/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold: error: cannot find -lqtfreetype

libqtfreetype is not deployed into the sysroot unless the patch from here is in effect. So I guess you did not apply the changes as needed or for some reason the change did not trigger a rebuild of qtbase.

Could you double check ‘recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb’, run a ‘bitbake -c cleansstate qtbase’ and rebuild?

In the meantime I upstreamed the fix. So you could update meta-qt5 to the jethro-next branch if you don’t want to apply the patch by hand.

Max

The patch is ok, the problem was that the change did not trigger a rebuild of qtbase.

Thanks a lot, build of meta-toolchain-qt5 working well!