Boot into Tezi 1.8 from SD card - U-Boot 2019

I’m trying to boot from SD into Tezi as is written here: Distro Boot | Toradex Developer Center

I’ve copied Tezi 1.8 (and 2.0 as well) from web on SD card and I wanted to boot into it through U-Boot. Not from recovery mode. But without success:

Colibri iMX7 # run distro_bootcmd
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0 is current device
Scanning mmc 0:1...
Found U-Boot script /boot.scr
464 bytes read in 15 ms (29.3 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 87000000
21374744 bytes read in 981 ms (20.8 MiB/s)
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...

I think the problem is in the zImage vs uImage case, because when run the same command from 2016.11 U-Boot I can boot into Tezi not only from SD but from TFTP as well.

HI @cicicok

I can reproduce the issue. This seems to be only present on iMX7D 512MB and iMX7S 256MB but it is working fine for iMX7D 1GB version.

I will look into this and let you know once I found a solution.

Best regards,
Jaski

Thank you, I’ll be patiently waiting.

Hi @cicicok

The issue can be solved by applying the following patch to U-Boot and do a custom build.

Best regards,
Jaski

Thank you technically it solved the issue Wrong Image Format for bootm command. But have you tried booting into Tezi? Because all I get after recompiling is [ 4.246802] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b You can see more in complete boot log

Hi @cicicok

You are right.
I will look into this Issue and come within this week to you.

Best regards,
Jaski

hi @cicicok

Did you try to boot Toradex Easy Installer version 2.0b5? I tested at my place and it works.

You won’t able to run Toradex Easy Installer 1.8 since some configuration of U-Boot 2019.07 is not compatible with Kernel 4.1 used in Toradex Easy Installer 1.8.

Best regards,
Jaski

Thank you I was using 1.8, but I’ll try the 2.0b5.

You are welcome. Please let us know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Jaski