Boot hangs after reboot

Hi,
I am doing some tests to check how the TK1 module behaves after several reboots. The main intention was to check if there are issues that USB devices are not properly detected after reboot. However, i have encountered a new error shown below. the boot process hangs until a power cycle is performed. Regards.

U-Boot 2016.11-2.8.7+g5c2d46b (Sep 14 2020 - 14:18:38 +0000)

SoC: tegra124
Reset cause: SW_MAIN
DRAM:  2 GiB
ERROR: as3722: failed to read ID1 register: -121
at /home/user/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_tk1_mainline-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-toradex/2016.11+gitAUTOINC+5c2d46b325-2.)
ERROR: as3722: failed to read ID: -121
at /home/user/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/apalis_tk1_mainline-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-toradex/2016.11+gitAUTOINC+5c2d46b325-2.)
initcall sequence fffad7e4 failed at call 80111b88 (err=-121)
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

HI @qojote

Thanks for contacting the Toradex Support.

The main intention was to check if there are issues that USB devices are not properly detected after reboot.

Which USB devices did you connect?
How are you doing the reboots? By Hardware or Software Mechanism?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx,
The only USB device connected is a mPCIe BT card which connects via btusb. I am doing the reboots by simply calling “reboot” every minute (when the system is booted up).
Regards

Is this reproducible or only happened once? Have you tested this just on one module or on multiples? How exactly are you powering the board and is there anything else connected? Does it happen if only power and serial console is connected?

This behaviour is reproducable. So far i have only tested one module, but i have some more modules to test. The board is powered via a standard power supply (12V, 3A). So far, only the serial console, ethernet and a mPCIe BT card are connected. I can try the disconnnect everything but this will take some time tough.

Hi
Thanks for your Input. Could you test without the mPCIe BT card and share your results?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski