Blurring effect in 7" touch screen

Hi,
I’m using Colibri iMX7 1GB with a viola development board. For the display unit, I’m using a 7" resistive touch screen display. In that, the screen is blurred to display. Please give me the solution.

Thanks and regards
Kesavan T

Hi @ervaskes

Welcome to Toradex Community.

Could you provide the software and hardware versions of your setup?Hope you have connected the display properly and applied the LCD overlays.
Could you provide the dmesg log and display snapshot?

Hi @ervaskes
This usually happens if the polarity of the pixelclock signal (PCLK) is inverted.
Regards, Andy

Hi Ashok,

I referred “First Steps with Resistive Touch Display 7" Parallel | Toradex Developer Center” link for the cable connection by the reference picture of viola carrier board.

I’m using yocto openembedded for the manifest of dunfell-5.x.y.

These are the configuration setup I did it.
In this, I can’t able to get the dmesg log because the development board is not connecting to the COM port in windows 10 system.

Hi Andy,

How we can change the PCLK properties. Please share me if there is any reference document to update.

Hi @ervaskes

Hope you have applied the overlay colibri-imx7_lcd-lt161010_overlay.dtbo.if not, apply Divicetree overlays and let us know if you still getting blur images. Also, attach a snapshot of the display.

Hi Ashok,

Thanks, it is not blur now. But, the touch is not working.

image002.jpg

Hi @ervaskes

Glad it worked.
For Touch, you need to add the overlay file colibri-imx7_ad7879_overlay.dtbo to the above overlay.txt file.

fdt_overlays=colibri-imx7_lcd-lt161010_overlay.dtbo colibri-imx7_ad7879_overlay.dtbo

Hi Ashok,

Thank you very much. It solved my problem. Now the touch was enabled and no blur effect.

Hi @ervaskes

Glad it worked.
Thanks for the update.