Black screen after changing screen resolution with iMX6_display_WEC2013

Good afternoon,

I just started with the Apalis Quad in combination with the evaluation board.
I successfully installed windows CE 2013 and could see and use it.
But than I wanted to change to screen resolution, so I used the program as described in the header. The only thing I changed where the resolution from the default to 1280x1024.
After a reboot to use these new setting I only get a black screen on the VGA and also DVI. Also the display does say it isn’t detecting any signals.
I tried to reinstall Windows CE 2013, but the problem still occurs.
A last resort was to use the command line to set it back to default values, but it doesnt recognise set ss.

What am I missing?

Kind regards,

Remco

I got it to work:

On reset press space → flash registery → press l

After that is started again, but i dont know why. :slight_smile:

But i still have the problem that i cant update the resolution of the screen.
If i try to use the program i get the same result. And changing them from the regedit doesn’t work also.

Hello all,
We are having the same issue with two setups:

Colibrí Evaluation Board 3.2
iMX6S 256 MB

Colibrí Evaluation Board 3.2
iMX6DL 512 M

On both configuration we are experiencing the same issue as Remcovh describes. We test rotating the screen 90 degrees and it worked but changing the resolution results in a module that boots but cant display an image on the monitor.

Any update regarding this issue?

Current images, up to 1.1 beta 4 has issues managing high-frequencies of pixel clock. We know for sure that the issue impacts full-hd resolution (1920x1080), but can impact also lower ones, depending on the pixel clock frequency they require.
Issue has been fixed in release 1.1 that will hopefully ship in a few weeks.
We also changed the meaning of the “oep” parameter in release 1.1 beta 2, this may lead to screen configuration that were previously supported stop working. We had to change this setting to keep it coherent on all our modules.
If you have a non-working module, clearing the registry by pressing space and then “C” on the serial console at boot will restore the default VGA resolution.
You can also type “eraseflash registry” on the bootloader console (acessible by pressing space and X on serial terminal during boot), this leads to the same effect (clearing registry and booting with default settings).
The parameters you save in registry are the same you can configure in the SS config block setting, if you have a serial console you can try to change those settings and then reboot to see them applied to the splashcreen, if they work there, they will work also in the image.
http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/splash-screen#Splash_Screen_Configblock_Settings

Sorry, I posted an answer on the thread.
But I think that your issue is slighty different.
You can’t rotate the image by changing display parameters. If a display is in landscape mode, it will always expect signals with the same timing. Unless it provides some HW methods to mirror/rotate the image (some display do that by providing additional pins that you can connect to GPIOs or strap to VCC/ground) you’ll have to do it in software as described here:
http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/display-rotation
Signals on the display interface will be the same, so nothing changes for the display or its timing configuration, but for SW apps the X and Y axis are exchanged.